Chapter 34

Overview : Someone from a really popular story here on wattpad will grace us in this chapter. Clue? He's a He. The third wheel out of a triangle

Quote for this Chap : No one can understand love who has not experienced infatuation. And no one can understand infatuation, no matter how many times he has experienced it.

Happy Valetines!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Oh? Ba’t malungkot ka?”

I looked up and saw Meg’s confused expression across her already-God-given-beautiful face.

It was Saturday night and a movie time for us who’s been bestfriends since the beginning of college years, so I wasn’t entirely surprise when she sat right next to me on her favorite sofa while carrying a huge bowl of popcorn with a soda on the other

“I don’t have a date for ‘Valentines Ball, in fact its tonight’”

 Her right brow rose when she heard what I said “Valentines Ball?"

She rolled her eyes and added
"Is it like some kinda high school prom where every bitch pretends to be Cinderella and they dance with their night in a tin can armor?”

“Atleast you’ve been to a high school prom before, My Lola never allowed me to” I sighed which made Meg rolled her eyes

“Oh! Trust me! Proms are like the worst.. it’s a small getaway for sluts to dress up like a princess”

“But anyway ..” She laid the bowl of popcorn on the center table and said
“Why not ask your ever oozing-nakakatulo laway na boyfriend instead?”

“I already did .. He said he has this practice the whole night but he’s willing to catch up for me”

“That’s really sweet of him! So you have something to wear then?”

Right.. I totally—almost--- nonetheless have forgotten the whole thing. What should I wear in the first place?

I shook my head and said nothing then retorted my eyes to the television right before us but to my surprise, Meg stood right away from the sofa, left me there and only came back to the living from the closet holding a red silk dress in her arms.

She let one arm drop, revealing the criss-cross cut outs along the back and side and the shimmering crystals on the deep, plunging neckline.

"It's beautiful" I whispered.

"That's an understatement! It's scandalous!" She chirped
"The perfect thing for a masquerade party where no one will know who's who. You'll be the star of the ball in this, I promise you."

"Thanks Meg," I laughed as she stalked toward me.
“But where’d you get that?”

“Well .. Alam mo naman sa pamilya namin .. Masyado maraming occasions for the sake of publicity.” She rolled her eyes before she continued
“I wore that during my little sister’s seventeen birthday party”

 When it comes to family, Meg could be consider the most sensitive one. She isn’t the usual type to blabbers neither about her past nor about her family. She kept it hidden and only told me a quarter of it and the rest is a mystery

All I know is that out of her half sisters hated her and the feeling is mutual.. Well, that is—Except for one

 “Bubbles?”

“Who else? Siya lang naman ang dahilan why I go home to Pasay ‘di ba?” She smiled and then gave me that look again .. She was as if studying me for a second, before reaching out and groping my breast.

We gasped in unison.

“Well.. We could still add some silicon on your chest area since this dress needed a lot of that section to fill in”

“Ohh! Shut it, Meg. Mas malaki lang sa’yo eh!”

She tried to hold in her own laughter, but she couldn't. I had never met such a straight forward girl such us her. Her laughs were soon joined by mine as we began to get ready in frenzy.

She did my make up and hair first, which she decided to curl to contrast with the straightness of the silk.

My eyes were lined with Kohl, making the really stand out. My lips, which were already red, became a deeper and sexy tone thanks to Mac Russian Red.

Last but certainly not least was the dress. I worked my way into the delicate material, and Meg zipped up the back for me. I stepped into the silver stilettos she had given me, and I was awed at the reflection in the mirror.