Chapter 6

Chapter 6
-----------------------------------

Jason and I stood still for a moment, listening to the footsteps downstairs.

"I thought you said no one would be home." Jason whispered.

"No one is supposed to be." I replied quietly, still listening to the soft beat of footsteps.

"Do you think it's a burglar? I can go down there." Jason hissed and started to get up but I stopped him.

"No. It might be my mom. I'll go down, just stay here." I stood up and carefully walked towards the door. As I was walking down the hall I saw Carter's baseball bat on the ground and I picked it up. Just incase. I started to hear mumbling as I stepped down the stairs. "Who's down there?"

"A murderer. Don't come down." Right when I heard his voice I relaxed and continued downstairs.

"Carter," I walked into the living room and saw him at the kitchen table eating cereal. "It's late. What are you doing home, you're supposed to be at a sleepover."

He looked up and I saw a bruise forming under his left eye. "Whatcha carrying that bat for?"

I dropped the baseball bat. "What happened to you, Carter?"

He looked back down. "Don't tell mom."

"Tell me what happened." I sat down at the table and sat back in my chair.

"I got in a fight." Carter shrugged.

"What the hell, Carter. You're 13. Ever since we got here you've been acting different."

"Yeah, I know. Please don't tell mom, Bradley. She'll kill me."

"Fine." I looked around to room for a second. "Okay, this is the story we tell mom. You were playing catch at that kids house and you got hit in the eye and then he got sick so you had to come home. Okay?"

Carter looked back up and smiled alittle. "Thanks." Suddenly his eyebrows scrunched together and he looked over my shoulder. "Um...Bradley, why is there a random dude over there?"

"What?" I twisted to look behind me. Jason was standing at the bottom of the stairs, leaning against the banister. A joint was placed between his lips and he was lifting his lighter towards it. "Jason, what are you doing?" I rolled my eyes and got up. "Why didn't you stay upstairs?"

"I heard that it wasn't your mom and I got bored." Jason shrugged and lit the joint.

"Is that a joint?" Carter got up and raced over. "Let me try."

Jason blew out some smoke and held the joint between two fingers. "That's up to your sister."

"Absolutely not, what is wrong with you?" I looked at Jason, annoyed.

"What? He's young. He just wants to try it." Jason chuckled and lifted the joint to his lips again.

I resisted the urge to smack him and opened my mouth to reply, but was cut off by Carter. "Wait, who are you and why are you here?"

"He was at the party and he got into a fight, so now he's here. I didn't know anybody would be home." I mumbled. "But here you are."

"Hey, you got into a fight too!" Carter smiled.

Jason smiled back and held out his fist and Carter connected his fist to his.

"Okay, stop that. Carter, go into your room and go to bed, it's late." I pushed Carter lightly towards the stairs.

"Why can't I hang out with you guys?" Carter stood at the stairs and folded his arms.

"We're going to sleep too, Carter, just go upstairs."

"Ugh, okay mom." Carter said mockingly and trudged upstairs.

When he was out of sight I turned back to Jason. "Okay, you've had enough of that."

"Fine." He held the joint out towards me.

"I don't want it, just throw it out over there." I pointed over to the trash.

Jason chuckled and walked over the trash. "Wait!" I ran over. "My mom might find it, throw it outside."

"Damn, make up your mind." Jason walked over to the back door and threw the joint outside.

I walked upstairs back into my room and Jason followed me. "Does it still hurt?" I asked as he started to lay back down.

"Not much."

I grabbed a pillow off the bed and took a blanket out of my closet. Jason looked at me funny as I started to make a temporary bed on the floor. "What are you doing?"

"I'll sleep on the floor, you need the bed more." I said simply.

"This is a big enough bed for the two of us, babe." Jason replied in a raspy, seductive voice.

"Okay, but I'm not going to sleep there if you're gonna talk in that voice." I smiled and picked my pillow up off the floor. Jason watched me as I walked over to my bed. "Are you gonna move over?"

"Nope." Jason smirked and I smacked him with the pillow.

I climbed over him and laid down on his left side. "So I need to ask you something." I turned my head to look at Jason.

He turned his head too and half-smiled. "Shoot."

"Why were you acting like you hate me all this week and now you're talking to me all of a sudden."

Jason's smile dissapeared and he looked away. "I don't know. I don't like to trust people I just met. And not to mention you ruined my jacket with your milkshake."

"Hey, that was an accident. Anyway, you can trust me, you know. I trust you."

He looked back at me. "You trust..me?" he said quietly.

"No, because I let random strangers into my bed every night."
Jason burst out laughing and I covered my mouth with my hand. "That came out so wrong." I couldn't hold it in any longer and started laughing too. Eventually we both stopped laughing, but Jason kept smiling. God, he had such an amazing smile and I loved it. I looked into his eyes that gleamed with happiness.

Suddenly, I felt Jason's hand grasp my hand and I looked at him in surprize. "I don't say this to many people, Bradley, but i do trust you. And thanks."

"Thanks? For what?"

"It may be the weed talking, but, thanks. I don't think I've been this happy in a long time." Jason smiled at me and I smiled back.

"You don't say thanks to many people do you?"

"No, not really." Jason scratched the back of his neck. "And it feels really weird."

I laughed softly. "Jason, I know you try to act all tough and scary and you may not want to hear this, but you know what, you're not that bad."

Jason didn't reply, just looked at me with a small smile tugging at his lips.

----------------------------------------

Okay, so I've decided on some requirements for each chapter.

For me to continue can I please get at least 20 reads and 5 votes for each chapter

So for each new chapter:

20+ reads

5+ votes

i hope you enjoyed it bc its going to get better ;)