Chapter 4

Chapter 4
-----------------------------------

My last two classes were study and science. When I walked into the science room the teacher looked at me and gestured to the only empty seat in the class. The seat next to Jason McCann.

I slumped down in my chair and glanced over at him quickly. He seemed a little nervous. His hair was tassled like he had been running his fingers through it all day. I noticed his leg bouncing up and down and his fingers tapping on the desk.

"Are you alright?" I whispered to him.

He glanced at me and then looked away. "Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, um, you know what...don't talk me okay." He bit his lip and his eyes darted around.

Suddenly he got up and walked out of the classroom as the teacher was talking. She didn't even look surprized and just kept on talking. The class was unphased by Jason walking out. He must do that a lot.

What is up with him?

I ignored the teacher and sat thinking about what he said. 'don't talk to me okay?' Why did he say that suddenly?

The bell rang and I got up. When I was walking down the hall towards study I saw him sitting on a bench with his head in his hands. A guy was sitting at the other end but when Jason looked at him he got up and left quickly.

I was about to go and talk to him but I stopped myself. He obviously doesn't want to talk...

~

The week went by slowly. Jason's been ignoring me except for a few looks and "hey"s. I grew closer to Cece's group of friends. Even though Abby and her friends glare at me in the halls everyone has been nice i guess. Carter made some new friends that I forget the names of but they've been over a few times. We finally unpacked everything and I could actually walk through my room.

I watched the clock as I sat in study, waiting for the school day to end. Tonight was the party and to be honest, I was excited.

A few seats away sat Jason, who was staring down at the engravings in his desk. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him look at me and then towards the teacher.

Quietly, he got up and moved over to the empty desk next to mine.

"What is it?" I asked, not looking him in the eye.

"I wanted...I....I was going.." Jason shook his head. "Nevermind. Are you going to the party tonight?"

"Yeah, are you going?" The corners of my mouth started to lift since he's been ignoring me for the past few days. I looked over at him and saw his chocolately eyes. Butterflies started to form in my stomach and I looked away.

He shrugged and sat back in his chair. Today he wore jeans and a black t-shirt with a leather jacket. It looked really good on him. I forced myself to not stare.

As the bell rang he looked at me and smirked. When I got up and put my bag over my shoulder I felt his breath against my ear. "See you tonight."

"So you are going." I smiled and walked out of the room.

Back at my house I started to wonder what to wear. Decidingg to text Noah, I took out my phone.

Bradley: hey noah

Noah: hi cutie whats up

Bradley: i was just wondering what im supposed to wear 2nite

Noah: dont worry about it its a casual party

Bradley: ok haha

Noah: if the party sucks we can always go out to a movie and get pizza :)

Bradley: sounds like a plan

Noah: pick you up at 8 :)

I dropped my phone onto my bed and looked at what I was wearing now. A blue blouse and white skinny jeans. Fuck it I'll just go in this.

I watched tv until I heard the doorbell ring. I got up quickly and raced to the door, waiting 2 more seconds until I opened it.

There stood Noah dressed in a white button up shirt and dark blue jeans. My eyes traveled down to the rose in his hand.

I smiled. "A rose?"

"Yeah, I just thought you might like it, it's for you." Noah smiled sheepishly and handed me the rose.

"I love it, thank you." I leaned over and threw my arms around him.

"You look good, Bradley." Noah said as we started to drive.

"You know I wore this to school."

"So? You still look stunning." He glanced over at me and I felt my cheeks grow hot.

When we got to the party people were on the front lawn playing catch and drinking, underage of course.

A pit formed in my stomach when we walked inside. This was one of those crazy parties. I'm not the partying type.

"Hey, Noah you finally showed up." A drunk dark-haired guy came up to us.

"Wouldn't miss it."

"Andwho'sthis" the guy slurred his words and I could just barely make out what he said.

"I'm Bradley." I forced a smile.

"Bradley..." the guy repeated quietly and looked at me.

"Let's go over there." Noah said and I gladly followed him to a table full of food.

He picked up two shots. "Wanna have some fun?"

"I didn't expect you to be the type to take a shot." I smiled and took the shot glass from him.

Noah shrugged. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me."

We lifted the glasses up and then I felt it burn down my throat.

I felt myself drift away a little. A nica guy that looked like an alien passed around brownies so of course I ate it. It was a really good brownie.

After an hour or so I realized I was dancing with a random guy so I walked away and uneasily sat on the leather couch.

Noah found me and sat down too. He looked far more wasted than I was. "Hey Bradley, where have you been?"

"I...don't know." I looked around and then sat back into the couch.

"You look really pretty tonight." Noah smiled wearily and then moved closer.

"Yeah, thanks." I edges away from him but he put his arm around me.

"Come on Bradley." He smirked and then crashed his lips into mine.

"Noah." I mumbled through the kiss, but didn't stop him.

Suddenly I heard loud chanting and I broke away from the kiss. Poeple were circled in the center of the room shouting "fight".

I got up and started to walk over the fight....