Not That Bad (Jason McCann fanfiction)

CHAPTER 1
---------------------------------------------

Bradley Johnson. Even my name is boring. Stupid name. I don't what I'm doing here, why I didn't just stay back in Chicago with my dad. But here I am, sitting in the passenger seat of a black jeep. I don't even know where we are going. My mom said it's only temporary anyway. I think the place is called stratville or stratson or something like that. Maybe Stratford?

Who even cares. This place is stupid. Outside the glass all I saw were boring old houses.

"You're going to love it here, Bradley." My mom glanced at me from the front seat and I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever you say."

"Leave that attitude back in Chicago. You're in Stratford now. A new temporary start." She pulled the car over into a driveway.

"She's just upset she had to leave her precious boyfriend behind." Carter, my 13 year old brother says from the backseat.

I twisted in my seat and and glared at him. "Shut up."

"Bradley, you had a boyfriend?" Gripping the wheel tightly, my mom looked over at me. They had this annoying rule that I couldn't date anyone until I was 18. Well fuck that.

"Not a boyfriend, really, just a friend." I said blankly and stepped out of the car.

The house was painted a light blue and had a white door. It didn't look big or fancy, which I kind of liked, I get annoyed by big or fancy houses.

Once the moving truck pulled up they started unloading stuff into the house. I decided to sit on the steps infront of the house and watch them go by. A few little kids played street hockey alittle up the road.

"Are you the new people moving in?" A unfamiliar voice said to my right and I jumped alittle.

I stood up to be face to face with a girl about my age with cherry red hair and dark brown eyes. "Um...yeah I guess that's us."

"Well, I just came over to say hi, my name is Cece Cooper."

She stuck her hand out and I shook her hand awkwardly. "I'm Bradley...Bradley Johnson."

"Hmm... Bradley...sounds like a boys name." She laughed. "But I like it."

I smiled back. "So.."

"Bradley! Mom says she needs help in the...." Carter ran down the stairs and then stopped. "Who's that?"

"Carter.." I took him by the shoulders and turned him towards Cece. "This is Cece. Cece, this is Carter."

Carter stared at Cece. "Yeah, I'm Carter...hi."

"Okay, get out of here." I started to push Carter away.

"Wait, Carter, how old are you?" Cece smiled.

"13, but I'm 14 in two months." Carter stood up a little straighter and I couldn't hide a smile. He liked Cece.

"My little brother is 13 too, I'll go get him." Cece smiled and walked across the street to a dark green house.

"Carter likes Cece." I poked him in the shoulder and he glared at me.

"Shut up."

I smirked and looked back over to the green house and saw Cece coming back with someone walking behind her.

"Guys, this is my brother, Henry." Cece said and a boy with dark hair and dark brown eyes stepped around her.

"Hey." Carter said without a smile.

"Wanna go play a videogame, I just got Call Of Duty Ghosts." Henry mumbled uneasily.

Carter's face brightened up. "Yeah, let's go!"

Henry smiled and they both ran across the street into the green house.

"Boys." Cece clicked her tongue and I laughed. "You know what, I'll show you this icecream place where I always go, it's right up the street."

"Alright, sure."

As we were walking I noticed how peaceful and quiet the place was. Of course there were cars and people yelling but it was nothing like back in Chicago. I just wasn't used to it.

"It's right over there." Cece pointed to a red and white building with a lot of people around it.

"Looks crowded."

"It's not really. People just hang out around it, inside isn't crowded at all."

"Oh." I looked around and saw a lot of people my age.

When we walked I saw red and white booths filled with people. Cece walked ahead of me to the counter and I followed her.

"What do you want? It's on me." Cece turned around and I looked up at the menu.

"I'll just have a chocolate milkshake."

She smiled. "Good choice."

I smiled back and waited. Rolling back and forth on my heels I looked around.

"Here." Cece handed me a foam cup.

"Thanks." I tried the milshake and it was actually good.

While Cece was paying I decided I should go back outside. I turned around right into someone. I felt my cup break open and run down my gray shirt.

I looked up and saw the chocolate milkshake running down the other person's black jacket.

"I..." I looked up to the person's face to say sorry but was stopped. I stared into soft brown eyes and they stared back. The boy had plump pink lips and a perfectly sloped nose. His light brown hair was short on the sides and messily spiked up on the top.

"Bradley, what happened." Cece came up to my side and looked at me and the boy, both of us covered in the chocolate milkshake.

"I...I just turned around and...im sorry." I looked at Cece and the boy.

He looked at me angerily and didn't reply, just shoved his hands into his pockets and stormed out.

"We should go." Cece looked at my ruined shirt and led me out of the place.

We started walking back and I told her that I turned around and accidently spilled the milkshake.

"Do you even know who that was?" Cece stopped and looked at me seriously.

"How should I? I just got here today."

"You just threw your milkshake all over Jason McCann." Cece stared at me and I shrugged.

"So? It was an accident. He was really hot though, I wanna talk to him again."

"Don't."

"Why?"

"Because he's the most dangerous person in town. I'm surprized he didn't say anything to you when you ruined his jacket."

"Why is he so dangerous?" I put air-quotes around "dangerous".

"He just is. Listen to me, Bradley. Just stay away."

---------------------------------------------

End of Chapter 1

Yeah I know it's a boring start but I have a lot of ideas....

Vote and Comment