Part X

*******WARNING: this chapter is undergoing heavy revision.

1/2020: this story is currently on hold.

check my profile for daily updates on the story.

-

Jade

Five days had passed. Five days and nine exact hours. Five days since I last spoke and saw Klaus. Five days since I last encountered Silas.

And here I was, in the middle of the town square, attempting to maneuver myself through the crowds of people.

I wore aviators to hide my eyes from the brightness of the sun, my eyes still extra sensitive to bright exposure. I squinted through them to try and find a decent place to escape these crowds of people.

Someone's foot, or leg, or whatever, had caught hold of my ankle and caused me to trip. I caught myself with my hands, my palms stinging as it collided with the ground.

I heard someone mutter 'sorry', before I shook my head, pulling myself up from the ground, wiping the tiny shards of gravel off on my shorts. I shoved my way out of the middle of the town square, finally finding the coffee shop I spent most of my time at. Before chaos arrived to town, that is.

That chaos being the Mikaelson siblings.

As I approached the coffee shop, my eyes just happened to wander from the entrance and land on his. Bright blue, so light that it could almost be made out as gray under the right lighting.

He approached me, but I dodged his path, ignoring his amused stare as I walked forward and into the coffee shop. I found myself a booth, then sat in it, pulling out my phone to keep myself busy until the waiter came to take my order.

I looked down at my phone, seeing I had four new messages. All of them were from Elijah, asking how I was doing and where I was at the moment. I deleted his messages right away. I felt bad, and guilty, for ignoring Elijah now for also five days straight. I remembered strictly telling him to stay away from me until I came to him.

But I had only told him that. I'm pretty sure he mentioned something about it to Klaus.

I was snapped out of my thoughts, not by the waiter, but by the other person I had been avoiding ever since I met him at the worst timing possible.

"Hello sweetheart." What bothered my most was that he imitated Klaus' voice. I tried to look at anywhere but his face.

"Enjoy sitting here all by your lonesome?" I ignored him once again, relieved when I saw the waitress approach us.

"Hello, my name is Erica and I will be serving you today. May I start with the drinks?" She smiled warmly at me first. I opened my mouth to speak, but was interrupted when he caught her face, turning her head so her eyes met his.

"Leave us be." He whispered. She then turned on her heal, off to approaching a different customer.

"You ill-mannered, discourteous little ass-

-Nuh uh uh my dear. No cussing in public. Very rude." He grinned, flashing me his teeth. I groaned in frustration, clenching my fists and taking deep breaths in attempt to calm myself down.

He reached his hand over, as if to touch my face, but I slapped his hand away at the last second, gathering my purse and cellphone afterwards. I almost escaped myself from the booth, only to have him interrupt me again.

"Sit." He growled. I opened my mouth to object, but he continued on.

"I was only going to remove those shades from your face so I could see your eyes." He murmured softly. I sat back down, crossing my arms in a stubborn manner, glaring at him from under my aviators.