Part XXXII

photo: jade margaret

not edited

-

I lurched forward, a rough and cold pressure pulling on my wrists.

I turned my head, metal cuffs locking me against the cold iron slab I was sprawled out on. The atmosphere around me was thick and uncomfortable, almost as if it was suffocating the energy from me.

"Comfortable?"

I snapped my head forward, her voice catching me by surprise.

"You look absolutely pathetic." I watched as she emerged from the shadows, an annoyed expression on her face.

"Where's Klaus?" I said, feeling my heart sink. I had hoped she hadn't taken him; I hoped he hadn't let her take him.

She gave me a disgusted sneer.

"You'll be happy to hear that I have no idea."

I let out a sigh of relief. Thank god.

"I've decided to not waste my time to look for him. Because, like always, he'll come to me." She let out a small laugh of victory.

I shook my head, narrowing my eyes at her.

"You really think Klaus is that stupid to fall right into your arms?"

"No, dear. He'll do it to save you."

"I don't need saving." I snapped.

"Of course you don't." Jade stood in front of me, eyes narrowed like she was staring right into my soul.

"You know, when we first met, I found him to be despicable."

"I don't care."

My head was flung back harshly against this hard metal slab, sending a painful ringing through my head.

"He was with a woman at that time. Blonde hair, blue eyes. I always thought he had a thing for blondes."

"It was Rebekah." I guessed, honestly not caring for her stories. I knew she was just buying time, or trying to find out some information from me, but I wouldn't give it to her.

"It was Rebekah! How did you know?"

"Lucky guess."

"I was engaged at the time. Can you guess to who?" She asked, acting like I was dumb.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, wanting to change this stupid subject down memory lane.

"I was engaged to Jason. The sweetest, most beautiful man I had ever met."

"Hilarious. So was I." I muttered.

"And then Silas came along. The most mysterious and well kept of them all."

"Are you implying that you're a whore?"