Part XXVII

not edited

-

Jade Alexander

It hit me as hard as a car collides with a truck.

He didn't want to see me. He just rejected me.

I backed slowly away from his door, still trying to register in the shock I was feeling.

I was just going to tell him that I had healed Owen as far as I could. I had exhausted my powers to my limit, even I could feel its near emptiness in my heart.

Now that I think about it, this is the first time I've ever been rejected. Even by Klaus himself. And it bothered me.

But he just went and is probably still going through the trauma of nearly losing someone important to him. I understand that.

But I urgently needed to talk to him about Silas. I was hoping that we would actually leave so I don't have to tell Klaus all of this..

I turned on my heel, putting on a small smile on my face, not wanting to show them that I was upset.

"Hm. You just got flat out rejected." Damon said as I appeared at the bottom of the stairs. He was leaning against the wall, expecting to see amusement in his face. But it was expressionless as he just looked at the wall across him.

"No I didn't." I lied.

"Yes you did. Your heart does this weird skip thingy when you-

-alright, thanks Captain obvious. Go find something productive to do and quit stalking me." I pulled out my phone as I passed Damon, searching through my contacts.

"What are you doing?"

"Calling Morgan. This woman that tried to kill Owen had some substance that resembled the one Morgan made to get rid of Marcel-

-woah woah woah princess. You don't wanna do that." Damon yanked my phone out of my hand.

"Give me my phone back you idiot."

"Like I said, you don't wanna do that." Damon's tone was more serious now.

"This is an urgent matter. I need to call her."

"She- she can't come to the phone."

I raised my eyebrow.

"Give me my damn phone."

"No."

"You are so freaking.. Ugh! Just give me my fucking phone!" I screamed, my patience hanging on barbed wire.

I tried to take it from him, but every time i got even an inch from it, he would turn his back to me and try to lick my hand away. What an annoying child.

"Damon." Stefan warned as he walked into the living room.

"Stefan! Tell Damon to give me my damn phone back!" I whined.

Stefan gripped Damon's wrist, yanking my phone out of his hand. Damon only raised an eyebrow before chuckling.

"Fine. Since you're here to save the day, you tell her Stefan. I don't wanna be the one to deliver bad news." Damon dismissed us with a slight flick of his wrist.

Stefan narrowed his eyes, confused as to what he was talking about. I mean, I was too.

Stefan turned to face me as Damon just relaxed against the wall. He still had his phone in my hand as he looked at me.