Chapter 13

I walked back out of the room rubbing my temples. I was starting to get a huge migraine. I was about to walk into the hospital room with Sandy an d my dad again to say sorry, but someone, ran into me causing me to stumble.

Tears were streaming down her face and all of a sudden I understood.

"NO!" I screamed trying to push my way into the room.

"We need help in the ICU." I nurse said into the phone, making me scream again.

"NO! DAD YOU CAN'T DIE! WE WERE FIGHTING I NEED TO SAY SORRY!" I screamed. Sandy held me back, as did Julie and no matter how much I tried to fight them, I was still a frail little girl. "Daddy! I'm so sorry!" I whimpered, getting down on my knees. "PLEASE! Don't DIE!"

Julie shushed me while Sandy pushed my hair out of my face. I didn't know how she could be so calm just standing there with a brave look on her face. "How could you! I trusted you! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF HIM!" I screamed at her, yanking my arm out of her grasp.

"Pru you don't mean that."

"HOW THE HELL WOULD YOU KNOW!" I screamed. A few man nurses came running down the hallway, grabbing me from the waist and pulling me away from Sandy so I wouldn't rip her hair out. "I FUCKING. TRUSTED. YOU!" I screamed before the nurses turned a corner. I screamed until I couldn't hear the heart monitor from my dad's room. Even then, I kept kicking a the nurses to try and put me down. We started walking down the psychiatric ward and I got scared. Instead of trying to get away from the man holding me, I climbed up on his shoulders more. "NO NO NO. Please don't make me go in there!" I begged.

"I'm sorry, Pru. Not until you calm down." Man Nurse #1 said.

"I'm calm, I'm calm!" I screamed.

The men just kept walking. "Hey Paul. Can you open one of the rooms?"

I watched as another man nurse got up out of his chair, without giving me a second look, before opening a door. They threw me into the room and I landed on soft, plush pillows.

"Are you kidding me?! This is the most cliched thing ever! I didn't think people actually did this." I groaned.

"We'll come back in a few, Pru." Man Nurse #2 said, before shutting the door, trapping me in the yellow plush room. I settled into a corner and curled up into a ball.

I ran my hands through my tear soaked hair. "I've done it. I've officially gone mad."

1 month later

"Truce?"

"Truce."

I shook Sandy's hand, and eyed the bruise on her calves and arms from me. "I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I would have done the same thing in your case."

I wanted to yell at her, 'What's that supposed to mean?!" but instead I calmly took a deep breath and nodded my head.

I watched as Sandy got into the taxi and drove off, then I looked up at the big empty house that was once home. But now it's just a house.

Honestly, I didn't want to have to go through the whole look through stuff. But my therapist said it would help me get rid of the bad memories of my dad and bring in the good memories. What ever the hell that meant.

I walked into the house and collapsed on the dirty couch, an echo reverberating around the house, makiing it sound even emptier than I thought.

My phone dinged and I pulled it out. I got a new tweet from @CatsSpoonsMirrors OH MY GOD! HARRY WAS CAUGHT KISSING ANOTHER GIRL! I rolled my eyes, thinking it was just spam, but when I opened the picture, I felt my whole stomach drop. It was very obviously my boyfriend kissing some blonde bimbo with big boobs, looking like he was enjoying it. I felt like screaming, but my therapist said that's not the proper way to get over something. So I grabbed a pillow and squeezed it, trying to get a grip on reality. But even that didn't work, so I threw my pillow at the wall, making the pictures fall down with a crash.

The whole world was against me, now.

And it was Prudence Brinker vs. the World.