Chapter 10

If 'Happy Ever Afters' did exist, I would still be holding you like this. All those fairy tales are full of shit. One more fucking love song, I'll be sick.

I fumbled around for my phone under my pillow and when I found it, I magically pressed answer with my eyes still closed. "Hello?" I mumbled into the phone. 

"Pru? Hey it's Sandy." she sounded devastated. And Sandy doesn't sound that way. Ever.

I sat up on my bed quickly. "What is it?" I asked. Sandy stopped talking for a few minutes and I could tell she was crying. I listened to her crying for a little bit until she got her voice back.

"Prudence. It's you dad." she cried. "He's been in an accident." 

"What kind of accident?" I whisper screamed.

"It's pretty bad." she practically yelled at me. I stumbled out of bed and grabbed a sweater out of my suitcase really quick before rushing out of the room. I fumbled putting the sweater on.

"Sandy. I'm on my way, okay? Don't do anything. Actually. Do something. Go to the hospital. Call the please. I'm coming."

I ran into Harry and the rest of the boys' room. Everyone was half naked but I didn't care. "Harry. I got to go. Something's happened." I said, on the verge of tears. Harry didn't wake up. "HARRY." I screamed at him, the tears coming down fast now. He shot out of bed the moment he heard me start crying.

"Pru. Oh my God. What's wrong." he asked. I just shook my head and fell into his arms.

"I have to go. My dad. I don't know what's wrong." I cried.

He quickly grabbed a Jack Wills sweater and dragged me out of the room too. We were outside before we knew it and in Louis's car, driving down the highway. I wanted to talk to Harry but I couldn't over the tears.

As soon as I calmed down a little bit, Harry said, "What happened?"

"I don't know. He got in an accident or something. I'm really worried." I said, about to start crying again.

"Pru. Come on. Don't do this. I need you to talk to me. What did Sandy say?" he asked.

"She was crying. She said he got in an accident and that it was really bad." I said as calmly as I could.

Harry stopped talking and kept driving the three hours back to Holmes Chapel.

As soon as we arrived at the hospital, I ran in, leaving Harry outside. It was pouring rain, but I didn't care. I ran into the hospital, soaking wet, and went to the receptionist. "Cadence Brinker." I screamed at the lady. She looked taken aback by me. "Sorry. I didn't mean to yell. Cadence Brinker, please." I asked. She looked at her computer for a while.

"Yes. Mr. Brinker is in the ICU. He's really hurt so the doctor's are going to perform some sort of surgery on them."

"Can I go see him? I'm his daughter."

"I'm afraid not. No one is allowed to see him at this time." she said, sorrow filling her eyes. I backed away from the desk and rubbed my eyes. "Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck. FUCK!" I screamed. I collapsed onto the ground and started crying all over again. Water was all of the floor, a mix of rain and tears.

A hand reassuringly patted my back. "Pru. Come on, baby. Get up." Sandy said. I did so and hugged Sandy close. She had been crying too, but was putting on a brave face for me. "Your dad is going to be fine, okay?" She reassured me. I shook my head. I knew she was lying. People only say that when something's going wrong, because they don't want to face the fact that the person they love most is dying.