Chapter 12

I knocked smoothly on Simon's office door, and thank God he wasn't busy. He looked up from his computer and smiled.

"Pru! How nice to see you. Come in." Simon said, motioning for me to sit.

"Actually, I can't stay. I just needed to stop by and tell you I'm leaving."

He laughed and rolled his eyes that were still glued to the computer screen. "We'll see each other tomorrow, Pru."

"No, Simon. I mean. I have to go. I got a call on my dad and...I have to go back."

Simon gave me a double take, and his smile faded. I tried to give him a grin to make him smile again, because his smile was so friendly. But it didn't work. He turned in his chair and stood up.

"Well. That's very sad news, Pru. I know you told me you were leaving, but I didn't expect it to be so soon." He put a fatherly hand on my shoulder.

I looked down at the ground. "I feel really bad. I'm probably the only one in history who had to do this..." I said.

"I understand. Actually. I have something for you." He walked over to his desk and picked a card up. He put it in my hand and I squinted, trying to read the small letters. I really needed to start wearing my glasses again. In big red letters it said SyCo and there were three numbers listed, two printed, one in pen."Those are the numbers to my office, and my own personal number. When everything gets settled, I want you to call me and we'll figure something out. You're too good to give up, Pru."

At the moment I thought I couldn't cry anymore, I did. Happy tears. "Oh my God Simon. This is amazing. Truly. Thank you so much." I motioned to hug him, but I knew that was the wrong mood so I just smoothly ran my hands through my hair. Simon smiled and pullled me in to a hug.

"Don't give up, Pru."

"I won't, Simon. I promise."

The heart monitor started beeped again, letting me know my dad's pulse was slowly beating. He was sleeping, so I sat in the corner of the room and reread the Perks of Being a Wallflower. But I couldn't focus. All I could see were the boys' devastated faces when I told them I was leaving and probably wouldn't see them for a while. I had hugged each boy individually and slowly, so the moments would last, each one crying or mourning in their own way. I remember as I walked down the line, seeing Aiden and Jamie and Matt. And having to say goodbye, not knowing if we'll see each other again. Lastly, I stopped at Harry, who couldn't even look at me.

"You told me you would stay. I promised your dad you would stay." he had said.

I face palmed myself and rubbed my eyes. "Harry. Please don't do this. Can you please just be the perfect boyfriend, and hug me and kiss me goodbye, telling me that everything will be okay in the end?" I asked, holding my arms open.

He bit his lip and shook his head, walking away. "Fine. That's just what you should do, Harry! Walk away from your problems!" I screamed at him.

Jamie came up and rubbed my back, supporting me enough to go on. I shook my head and got into the taxi.

I bit my lip, looking at the ring on my finger. Harry hadn't texted me since I left. That was five days ago. He had probably already moved on.

Who am I kidding? He was probably a miserable wreck. He was probably slacking on his performance, the boys yelling at him to man up. He was probably sitting alone on the roof, looking out at the sky, without me next to him, thinking what an idiot he was. I know he was probably doing this because I was doing it too. I haven't eaten since I left that day. I haven't practiced playing the piano, and when I try to think of the songs in my head, I know I'm slowly forgetting things.