Chapter 11

It was the day of the Judge's houses and Harry was freaking out.

"Oh my God what are we going to do? We haven't practiced at all. Louis's hurt. Simon's gonna hate us, Prudence!"

I sighed. He had been going at this for 3 hours already. Louis cut up his foot while he was swimming in the sea, and the boys hadn't practiced a song at all. I was scared for them, honestly. All the boys just sat around the couch, biting their nails and thinking hard. It was Harry's idea to come ask me for help.

I stopped pacing back and forth across the room. "I've got it." All the boys' heads shot up and their eyes glistened. "Sing Torn."

Harry sat up straighter and a smile formed on his lips.

"Liam. You take the first verse. Harry, you've got the chorus. You'll do perfectly. Zayn, do some background singing. Niall and Louis, if he gets here on time, will help Harry out. I've got to go work on my song, but I want you guys to work on it. You only have an hour."

Just then, Jamie came in. "Guys, Lou's back!" she told them. The boys sighed with relief and jumped off the couch and out the door.

I showed Savan the keys for the guitar and he quickly caught on, so I was able to go help everyone else.

That's what I've been doing the majority of the time. I haven't worked on any of my songs, at all. I haven't had time. Everybody's been needing my help and I've been helping them.

Jamie ran into the room quickly. "Hey. Do you want to try and see if we can listen in on the boys' performance?" she said, a mysterious look in her eyes. I smiled and followed her outside.

We slowed our pace and stepped into the bushes, the boys only just around the corner with Simon. Louis was telling him about his accident, but then Savan started playing and my heart started pounding. "You can do this Harry." I whispered to myself.

Liam began. "I thought I saw a girl brought to life

She was warm she came around

She was dignified

She showed me what it was to cry

You couldn't be that girl I adored

You don't seem to know or seem to care

What your heart is for

But I don't know her anymore"

I sucked in a breath as Harry's turn came around. "I'm torn

I'm all out of faith

This is how I feel

I'm cold and I am shamed

Lying naked on the floor

Illusion never changed

Into something real

I'm wide awake and I can see

The perfect sky is torn

You're a little late

I'm already torn."

A pause for dramatic purposes. "There's nothing left, I used to cry

Inspiration has run dry

That's what's going on

Nothing's fine I'm torn."

When they finished, I held myself back from screaming and clapping.

"Okay. See you later." Simon said.

I turned to Jamie. "God. We are so bad." I told her. She giggled and pulled me back inside.