VII

Edit 1: 19/09/2018
Edit 2: 28/02/2023

5th December 2020, 07:59
"Thanks Rosemary," I smiled at the waitress who always served me coffee in the morning.
"No problem! I hope you enjoy it!" She said with a bright smile. She always has so much energy in the morning. I envy her.

I carefully made my way to the corner of the coffee shop to sit by the coffee shop window, placing my ceramic mug on the shelf and sitting down on the small, brown, leather stool.

And here I sit, with a mug of hot coffee in my rough, dry hands, staring out into the bleak city of London. The steam from my coffee swirled above the mug and stuck to the coffee shop window, obscuring my view from the world beyond the glass at eight in the morning.

Wiping the glass with my sleeve, I looked out to the bustling street of London. My weather guess yesterday was correct, but my hope was not heard for there was another fresh layer of the bothersome snow.

Sometimes, I myself don't know why I seem to have a burning hatred for the cold substance, but my disgust stands strong.

Luckily, the roads and pavements had been gritted, so hopefully no humiliating moments can happen to me. I don't care if it happens to others, though.

Gently, I brought the cup of coffee up to my parched lips, taking a slow sip of the scorching hot liquid, feeling it burn its way down my body.

Once again, I heard that euphonious thud of the coffee cup making contact with the dry wood.

I wonder if I'll see-

There he is.

In front of the coffee shop window stood a shivering Sage in a dark blue hoodie. How many hoodies does he own and in what colour?

He smiled at me with his hands stuffed in his jeans' pockets. Slightly smiling back, I brokenly nodded at him, unsure of my own movements.

I watched Sage as he quickly shuffled to the entrance of the coffee shop, nearly breaking the door off it's hinges with the force he opened it with. Rosemary looked like she was about to have a heart attack.

Turning back around, I watched my coffee while waiting for Sage to come and sit by me. After a minute, I finally felt a cold presence beside me. Lifting my head up to the side, I met eyes with Sage who clutched onto his cup of coffee like it was a lifeline.

"How come you're so cold today?" I asked, watching him carefully sit on the stool, refusing to place his mug down while doing so.

"I didn't dress up warm enough. You care about me?" Sage cheekily asked while I merely tutted.
"How big is your ego?" I deadpanned, not wanting an answer.
"Very big," Sage replied with a wink.

Did he just? He did. Did he?
"Did you just?" I queried, tilting my head, trying to decide if he did.
"Yes. Yes I did. Now I regretti," Sage spoke nodding dejectedly.

"What the actual? First of all, I despise you and your ego and innuendos. Second of all, regrettii? Want some spaghetti?" I said with a very judgemental face, but a light tone to let him know I wasn't really reproaching him.

"Yes?" He half asked in response.
"Yes what? Yes you want spaghetti?" I clarified, the corner's of my mouth tugging up in amusement.