V

Edit 1: 26/08/2018
Edit 2: 28/02/2023

4th December 2020, 14:46
"Hey! Xandra!" No, no, no, not today. Not right now at least. A mental battle took place in my head as I debated whether to pretend I didn't hear him, or turn around.

I'll pretend I didn't hear him.

Quickening my pace ever so slightly, I hurriedly walked down the university's corridor to the main entrance.

"Xandra!" He was far too close and loud to pretend to ignore him now.

"Yes, Sage?" I asked, turning around sharply, almost choking as I witnessed the hoodie he adorned.

"What happened to your white hoodie?" I almost yelled at him.

"Huh? Oh, my friend spilt some coke on it and this is all I had. How come you noticed? Payed a lot of attention to me back in the café?" Sage smirked, winking a little as I mentally gagged .

"I think I would have noticed if you were wearing an icterine coloured hoodie in the morning. It looks atrocious," I stated bluntly, turning back around to stroll out of the university building with Sage following.

"Yeah, it really is an ugly colour. Doesn't suit me at all." Sage agreed as he matched his pace with mine. "So, where you going?"

"The florist," I simply replied.

"Oh, how come?" He queried, interested in my plans for whatever reason.

"To get flowers," I again, monotonously answered .

"Why do you need flowers?" He pushed, beginning to get on my nerves. I wouldn't even call us friends, acquaintances more like, and yet he's talking with me as though we've known each other for years.

"Why do you keep asking me questions?" I huffed in exasperation.

"Sorry," Sage muttered looking a little take aback, yet didn't seem swayed by my harsh tone. "Can I join you?" Sage requested rather timidly, not knowing how I'd react.

"Huh?" I turned to look at him in confusion. Why would he want to join me?

"Can I join you to the florist?" Sage uselessly elaborated.

"If you want to spend forty five minutes following me, then sure," I replied with a small shrug.

"I don't mind, I have nothing to do," he chirped happily, glad I had agreed for whatever reason.

With that, we both made our way to the florist's in an awkward silence. Well, he was awkward at least, I couldn't care less.

Sage pushed open the shop's door, allowing me to enter first. What a gentleman.

Upon entering, the same worker from this morning looked up at us, giving me a discreet wink once she recognised me. I looked at Sage to see if he had noticed the wink, but he was too busy gazing over the abundance of colourful blossoms.

Sauntering to the counter, I politely greeted the worker.

"Hey! I didn't catch your name when you came in earlier, what is it?" The woman asked, tilting her head to the wide a little, a polite smile adorning her lips.

"Xandra, and yours?" I curtly replied, not one for small talk which was bound to happen.

"Aurora, pleased to meet you... again!" Aurora answered, holding out her right hand to shake.

Hesitantly, I too reached out my right hand, giving her hand a small shake while nodding. I watched as Aurora's eyes drifted off to Sage then back at me.