Chapter 16: When it Rains..

Blossom was dragging Grimm by the his hoodie by the time they had gotten to the Great Hall. She was rushing so maybe they would have an easy mission, and the two Reapers could get back to their training.  Grimm stood up and rolled his eyes at the overzealous Reaper," You know I really don't enjoy being thrown in a realm that's full of things that want to kill me." he said with emptiness.

She cut her eyes at him and poked him in the center of his forehead, "Shut up, you talk to much." 

Hex's eyes were squinted and said sarcastically, "Are we done with this love fest?" 

Blossom's eyes began to burn a light red color, Hex quickly spun around realizing that he had made a dire mistake. Blossom grabbed him by the robe and shoved his skeletal face on the ground. "Hurts don't it?" Blossom said vigorously towards Hex. Hex took his punishment with-out a whimper, knowing it would progressively get worse if he fought it. Grimm stood on in awe at the sight of Hex getting his ass handed to him. Not that he would try to take on the senior reaper. 

After Blossom got done heckling Hex they continued on with their de-brief and were on their way to the land of the lost. 

Grimm was fairly puzzled by the name, "So Blossom why do they call it the land of the lost?"

Blossom looked at Grimm very unammussed, "Sometimes the dead get lost on their journey to Heaven and Hell, therefore their physical body sits in a coma. Either the body is possessed by another spirit or the owner finds it."

Grimm nodded having a better understanding, "So, I thought this was purgatory?"

"True but we sit in a barrier where we have already died think of it as a circle and outside that circle is the land of the lost."

"Ok, but what's so important that we have to go there?"

"You weren't listening to Hex at all were you?"

"Do I ever?"

Blossom sighed, "Demons will sometimes slip into the Land of the Lost and then..."

Grimm's eyes grew wide with realization, "They possess the bodies of the lost."

Blossom made a gun shape with her fingers and pretended to shoot it in the air, "Bulls-eye kid, not a rocket scientist but damn if you can't reason with logic."

Grimm smiled at the praise and they walked to the large black door again. They opened it and landed in an urban landscape that had looked as if a war had been fought. Ghostly figures walked around moaning how they couldn't find home. Grimm's eyes began to water as he saw his Uncle Phil  wandering the plains of the devastated city. Blossom saw the anguish in Grimm's eyes, and grabbed him by the hand to a place that looked fairly abandoned. "Look kid don't worry about them, they can't feel a thing. Let me tell you something though if we don't find these demons a whole hospital block will feel pain."

Grimm nodded his head and regained his composure. A pair of red eyes we're set on the two reapers. Blossom lead Grimm to a key important soul portal of a Russian Diplomat. Grimm asked, "So what are we doing here?"

Blossom smiled and explained that if a demon stole this man's body he could kick off WW3 within a year. Grimm grew impatient waiting for the demon to show up after an hour or so just standing in a ruined city block.  Blossom said, "Look all of this will pay off just be patient."

Grimm snarled a response about going to take a leak while the mighty demon continued to cower in fear. The same pair of red eyes followed Grimm as he walked away from his partner. Grimm didn't have to go pee, but his boredom was getting the best of him. He walked around looking for something to do while he waited for the demon to show up, but nothing looked really interesting. Just  piles of concrete and mangled metal structures laying everywhere for miles. On top of that overly exotic scene it had started to rain making the whole environment just that much more depressing.

Grimm sighed in defeat and began to walk back. He could see Blossom when he felt a slab of concrete wrap around his skull sending him spinning in the air. Blossom ran to his aid only to have a slab hit her square in the teeth. A man wearing a dark trench coat and a black cowboy hat with the bill pulled up appeared from the top of one of the mangled statues.  His eyes were a deep green having flicks of what seemed to be electricity. "It's been a long time blossom. How have you been?"

Blossom gritted her bloodied teeth searing at the sight of the green eyed man. "You mother-fucker! You've lived far to long Crow!"

Crow glanced at Grimm, "Is this you're new boyfriend?"

Grimm looked shocked and some-what blushed, "Um, not quite. So who are you?"

"My name is unimportant, but I am part of the Frost army. Not a demon, but with all the bells and whistles of one."

Grimm shuddered in anger, "So you're looking to die, hm? Let me be the first to welcome you to Hell!"

Grimm rushed Crow with his scythe swinging wildly missing his mark every-time. Crow dogged with nimbleness toying with Grimm's psyche. Crow let a small smirk out and round-housed Grimm in his temple.  Grimm fell to the ground only to have Blossom shooting at Crow. Crow dogged through the flurry of bullets, but one hit his shoulder piercing the flesh. Crow didn't flinch, he kept dodging the remaining shells that lied in the chamber. 

Crow smiled at Blossom, "My turn."

Crow jumped in the air and did a flip forcing his weight on his legs, Crow came down on Blossom making her ribcage crack at the immense pressure that had been forced upon it. Grimm watched Crow kick Blossom when she was down. Something deep down was about to break loose he could feel his anger rising, but it was different like something was trying to push it's way out. Blossom swept Crow off his feet with her leg, but it was only a minor set back as Crow fell on top of her and began to choke the life from her. Grimm's eyes snapped open and glowed a dark red, he was fully hooded and chains began to wrap around his arms. His scythe began to crack with electricity, his heart was cold as ice. He was Death the True Reaper.

Grimm bolted far faster than he ever had before, Blossom's face began to turn blue and her breaths coming in shorter periods. Crow screamed to the heavens, "Die you bitch, I've had quite enough of your interruptions. Grimm placed his leg right below Crow's arm shattering his ribs. Crow held his side in realization he had been wounded. Crow slowly got off Blossom and faced the Reaper. "So this wench unleashed your true potential,hm? No matter you will die with her you pathetic..."

Grimm gave Crow a right hook to the jaw temporarily dazing him, "Shut up."

Crow snickered, "You little.."

Another hook connected with Crow's face, "I said shut up."

Crow's rage had hit his limit, "Fine you want to die so bad..."

Crow's eyes grew a pitch black, black feathers shot out of his body. A bloody beak appeared on his face and his nails grew into razor sharp talons. Crow looked at Grimm with absolute disgust, "I'll be happy to obligee."