Chapter 3: Life after Death

Chapter 3

Grimm’s eyes opened only to be found in a snow white room about the size of an office cubicle. A man that had a black hood covering his face entered the room through a red door opposite of where Grimm was laying. The door was quickly swallowed up by the white exterior of the wall after he had entered. The room had an odd smell about it like someone held a bonfire in there before he had arrived. Grimm was on a white tiled floor a little odd for an office cubicle Grimm thought quietly in his own imagination. Grimm noticed the man in the black hood and wondered where he had entered. A table had appeared in front of them seemingly from thin air. Grimm was startled and held his back to the blank wall hoping it would also swallow him up, but his hopes had fallen on deaf ears. The man in the black robe casually sat down at the mysterious table. Grimm slowly got up to ask what the man was doing here, but was interrupted by the man slamming a pen on the table and motioning for Grimm to sit down. Grimm opened his mouth to protest but quickly thought, “Why am I arguing with a creepy hooded figure. If I do what it says I might be able to survive.” He thought hopefully.

Grimm cautiously approached the table and sat down. The man in the black hood laid a sheet of paper down on the table. Grimm looked at the paper it had two small images of old farmer’s scythes surrounding an area of text that said, Reaper Agreement Sheet. Grimm looked at it for a long period of time. The man in the black robe motioned with it’s finger to sign it or get out. Grimm picked up the pen; it was quite an odd one having a pearl white handle and a blade as the point. Grimm tried to sign the paper but to no avail. Grimm looked at the hooded man, “Is this a joke how am I supposed to sign this with no ink?”

No sooner did the words come out of his mouth did the hooded figure grab Grimm’s hand. The figures hand was all bone he was literally a walking skeleton. Grimm grabbed for his hood to see the nature of this beast, as he did the pen came up and penetrated through his hand. Blood scattered over the paper and the table leaving a dreadful sight for any others that might have been looking on. Grimm relinquished the figures hood only to be replaced with the gushing mess that was his hand. The paper ignited into flames where his blood had splattered against it. Grimm’s hand healed up where the figure had sent the bladed pen through. It left a little white scar that had a star shape to it. The hooded figure said in a raspy voice, “It’s been a long time master Thatanos.”

Grimm looked up in surprise, “What did you call me?”

Grimm remembered from world history about greek gods; Thatanos was the god of death in ancient times over the god of souls hades. The hooded figure said with much oomph, “Thatanos the master of the dead and the collector of souls in the living.”

Grimm’s face turned a pale white, “That’s impossible I was just a twenty year old nobody, there’s no way I can be master of anything.”

The hooded figure grabbed his hand that he’d just punctured open; Grimm winced expecting another jab from the pen. The figure turned it over and showed him the small scar. “Tell me master Thatanos does this look like it’s a joke.” It said losing it’s patience.

Grimm examined it closely, “No, there must be some explanation why I was chosen then yes?”

The hooded figure nodded and stood up and walked over to a part of the white wall in the room. A blood red door appeared jutting from the wall and out to the figures hand. Grimm slowly got up worried what would be behind door number two.