Chapter 6: The Master Smith

Chapter 6

The ebony warrior gave out a hearty laugh shaking the room again, and brought the young reaper up on his shoulder. Grimm had not realized how massive the warrior was till he sat upon his shoulder the ground looked as if it was a ravine of pain if he fell. Grimm was taken to a large forge and at the center of it was a beautiful diamond anvil. The room smelled of sulfur and a strong undertone of burning copper. The walls were large and wide in stature it looked like the perfect place for this man. Grimm was sat upon a rock wall that surrounded the forge as the ebony warrior worked on a blade for his scythe. Grimm looked around at the surrounding walls and saw it was riddled with weaponry from basics swords to ornate assault rifles. This made Grimm’s head spin he had never seen so many tools of destruction in one room. The ebony knight looked behind him at the curious reaper, “Is there any one piece of equipment that speaks to you Prince Grimm?”

Grimm was eyeing a ebony plated 44. Magnum with a mahogany handle with platinum strips running down the barrel. “What about that one?” Grimm said pointing at the gun sitting by the maces and swords.

The Ebony knight picked the gun up, “What an excellent choice I made this in the mid 1700’s I had this vision of a six shooter with the stopping power of a sniper rifle and so the magnum was born.”

Grimm’s eyes grew large with wonder, “You created the first magnum?”

The ebony knight laughed with hardiness, “Why yes my dear boy they don’t call me Gabrion the master smith for nothing.”

Grimm looked around some more at the other wares, but nothing quite compared to the beautiful gun he had seen before. Gabrion had finished the scythe and handed it to Grimm, “The blade has been infused with both ebony and silver, and no amount of evil nor good is immune to the cutting power of this blade.”

Grimm looked at Gabrion hard, “What do you mean good? I thought I was only to take the souls of the innocent?”

Gabrion took of his ebony helm he was an old man probably in his 60’s to early 70’s in human years, but his eyes radiated with a crystal blue unlike Grimm had ever seen. “My dear boy souls are not all good some are evil some are neutral. Some are protected by the forces of both good and evil; this will not be any easy task but you must see it through.” Gabrion said with much wisdom in his voice.

Grimm did not understand but he decided he would do his best no matter what challenges he faced. Grimm examined the scythe Gabrion had given him, it was exquisite having both the silver and ebony cross over each other in a swirl pattern on the blade. The scythe was rather heavy due to the full ebony handle, but there was no flaw in it. Grimm smiled at his new equipment and was about to leave, but before he could walk out of the massive forge Gabrion stopped him. Gabrion laid the heavy Platinum 44. in Grimm’s hand, and said “This gun will tear anything a third cornshute, but you only have six shots a day with it so make them count. Look kid you have a lot of potential but don’t let it go to your head. Your journey begins here after you leave these halls your fate is up to you, when you return you will not be the same. Don’t let that scare you though you’ll have ups you’ll have downs but always remember what you said to me in the great hall; that takes a lot of heart and I will always remember it.”

Grimm looked at the old man with shinning blue eyes and nodded his head in understanding, before he walked out of the forge he said, “Thank you I will never forget what you’ve done for me.”

Gabrion smiled and returned to the forge thinking back on the adventure he had gone on before he became master smith.