Chapter 16: A True Reaper?

Grimm awakes to find the three master reapers surrounding the bed he was laid in. Grimm looks around to see where he is. "What happened, Ow my head is killing me." 

Blossom smiles and hands him a black hooded cloak with a red raven holding the clasp in it's talons. Hex gives a toothy grin and sarcastically says, "Oh, the wee baby bumped his head on the way down."

Gabrion rolls his eyes and hands Grimm his weapons. "Here you go son, don't worry about this old bag of bones, he's just jealous that he had to take his masters test three times before he passed."

Grimm slightly chuckled, "Is this true Hex three times, and you're giving me hell about bumping my head?"

Hex growled at Gabrion for telling one of his deepest secrets, but blew it off on the fact that he was prideful and Gabrion was just keeping him honest. Hex spun around in a flurry of anger and pride and left the room leaving the three remaining reapers. Blossom looking wide- eyed at the new master reaper quarried, "So what was it like being in a coma?"

Grimm's eyes grew wide and he began to hyperventilate, "What do you mean coma?"

Blossom smiled and laughed, "Nah, I'm just yanking your chain. In all reality you've been out maybe a day tops."

Grimm cut his eyes at her feeling the anger rise in his chest. He got up and wobbled about, just like that of a colt when it's first born. Blossom sat there amused as Gabrion tried to help the young reaper gain his footing. After about five minutes or so Grimm had his legs to where they would respond to his commands rather than being controlled by some unknown force. "So what's on todays agenda?"

Gabrion smiled, "Today is the day of rest my child, feel free to walk about the castle.

Grimm ran out of the room dragging Blossom by the hand. "Hey! Hey! Wait you raving lunatic where are we going?!"

Grimm gave no answers, but never felt better checking every room to see what was behind every door. The first room they opened a plume of smoke and brimstone floated out, behind it was a Blue drake about the size of a two-story house. Grimm stood in the door-way looking in awe as two men in silver armor prodded the beast to get back in it's cage. The room smelled of a urine and sulfur mix that was almost over bearing, but Grimm didn't think dragons existed. Blossom looked at the dragon unimpressed, "Come on Grimm this room is boring, all it has is this stupid drake."

Grimm's mouth dropped at the daggers that Blossom had just thrown his way, crushing his childlike wonder. He sighed and nodded his head, "Well oh master Blossom where would you like to go." he said sarcastically. 

She grinned and said with pride, "Where any true reaper would go, the death room."

Grimm gulped at the very sound of the name, but he knew he couldn't chicken out in front of Blossom. "I'll be back poochy don't you go anywhere now." Grimm said to the mighty drake. 

The drake snorted understanding that it had just been compared to that of a dog. It let out a mighty roar and slung the two keepers to the side. It approached Grimm and spoke very calmly, "Do I look like I'm a dog reaper?" 

Grimm's eyes grew with wonder, "Wow you talk too how cool is this?"

Blossom chuckled nervoulsy, "Ahaha.... Sorry he's a new recruit, you'll have to forgive him this once he's never seen a dragon before."

The dragon grinned showing a row of razor sharp teeth, "It is alright Blossom, honestly I never get this kind of attention except by those two dolts." it signaled to the two guards that laid in a pile groaning. 

Grimm smiled and laughed, "Can I touch you?" he said rather creepy.

The drake raised it's eyebrow, "I suppose so..."