Chapter 9: With Flying Colors

Chapter 9

the demon snarled at the new inspired reaper, and decided it was time to end this little game. Grimm stood ready with scythe and pistol in hand for the onslaught that the demon was about to commence. The demon leaped at the reaper,but was slung into a gore covered wall. The demon let out a guttural growl showing it meant business now. The demon's make shift tail had now extended behind it unknown to the battle ready reaper. The tail slithered behind Grimm, and took a swipe at his knees. The shot connected grounding the reaper. Grimm taken off guard had dropped his scythe, but not the platinum plated pistol. Grimm fired two shots at the beast hitting it center mass. The holes sizzled and smoked from the newly acquired wounds. The demon hissed and the tail lingered over the reapers throat ready for a killing stroke. Grimm's scythe spun back to the reaper's hand also cutting the demon's primary weapon with it. The demon's mouth extended down and it let out a blood wrenching screech. It started to retreat when a shot went through the back of it's contorted head out of it's eye socket. The demon laid there twitching in a pool of oil colored gore. Grimm propped up had the onyx plated 44. magnum smoking in his hand. Grimm replaced the equipment in it's holster, and walked over to the now twisted body of the once proud demon. Grimm looked at it and curled his lip in disgust, "I don't get mad I get even."

The corpse of the fallen had now started glowing a dim red color in the shape of a orb in it's sternum. Grimm stooped down to examine it more closely, when a blood red orb exploded out of the body. It hovered there for a moment and then made it's way to the reaper's hand. It was the demon's putrid soul and it throbbed that of a heart beat. The twisted corpse was now back to it's original form. The child looked up at the reaper, "Where am I?" 

Grimm looked down at him in pity, "You're almost home kid." 

The boy flashed a smile at him and got up, "What's your name?"

Grimm's face lit up, "You can call me Jeremy."

Grimm touched the kids shoulder and they were in a hospital room, the boy laid in a medical bed sound asleep. Grimm walked to the end of the bed where the medical report was, it read Daemon Sanders age:10, diagnosis: coma. Grimm smiled and walked out of the room in his bloodied black hoodie, and blue jeans with a rip in the back of the knee. The spine that was in his side was now gone, and all of the wounds healed up leaving nothing more than small white scars. The mother ran into the room after the doctor told her the child had woke up. The mother looked down the hall only to see the reaper slowly making his advance out of the building. She smiled and silently thanked him, she didn't know why but she knew he was some sort of angel.