Rain storm

The wind made some fallen leaves slither unnervingly in the chill blue light of early morning. Eric shivered and pulled up the cowl of his cloak to cover his head. He felt a shiver quiver up his spine as he bent to examine the moist ground for tracks.

Why did Raiyne have to be so sore about he and Jessica? A well of his own bitter anger brewed in his belly as he stalked deeper into the forest. He wished he could have started last night, but it had been his turn to stand guard at the shifter prison. He had been so angered over Raiyne's words that he hadn't even tried to talk to Telrin, much to his regret later. He and the older shifter were now in the habit of talking the times Eric was to stand guard. And Eric quite frankly enjoyed their conversations, they left him with an oddly at peace. As if for a moment, an unknown burden was lifted from his shoulders.

He would have to worry about it later, he had a job to do.

Telrin gazed up at the same ceiling he had been looking at for years. Eric had seemed angry and sullen about something last night, though what exactly he still didn't know. He thought of the night Elih had tried to pry information out of him. It had been the first time Telrin had seen the boy clearly, and now he couldn't stop thinking about the resemblance between he and Linsum. What did it mean?

Telrin continued to think as he plucked up a piece of straw to and placed it in the corner of his mouth. Linsum was dead, and he doubted that his friend would ever be with a human, he hated them all. As each moment passed, his scowl deepened, silver green eyes clouded.

Suddenly he laughed, disrupting the stillness, making his fellow shifters jump, and the present guard scoot further away from his cell. He kept laughing, even as the others murmured about him finally losing it.

Telrin finally wiped away the slient tears of happieness, and chuckled to himself once more, sitting up to lean against the wall.

" Ah Bellitnii, I should have known you would find a new life for yourself. "

The fox shifter known as Qurce sent an amber colored glare his way, but Telrin didn't see it, he didn't care. Bellitnii could still be alive, and it gave him hope.

Raiyne was helping a young mother named Christina tend her children and wash the laundry in the afternoon sun.

" I'm not sure I'm doing this right. " Christina glanced up to look over Raiyne's handiwork. She was as tall as Raiyne, dusty haired, blue eyed and pretty. Raiyne was holding up a twisted, sopping wet mess of a tunic. A small toddler clinging to her leg, another balanced atop her shoulders. Christina gave her a gentle smile before untangling the garment for her.

" As long as gets clean, it dosn't matter how it got there. "

" Mine be getting there with much difficulty. " She wrung out the cloth, emphasising her point, and making her companion smile.

Christina liked Raiyne, she was bluntly honest, but very sincere, something that the young woman found was uncommon in girls her own age.

The oldest child, a redhead by the name of Ralph, appeared from around the house, and presented Raiyne with a delicate lily.

" Pretty!" He crowed, delighted with himself. He then looked at Raiyne and said again.

" Pretty." The girl with no memory laughed, then stooped down to admire it, cooing over the little man's prize.

" Where did you find it Ralph? I've never seen such a pretty thing." The boy puffed out his chest, pride on his face. But Christina noticed the perplexed expression on Raiyne's face as she stroked the satin like petals.

" Don't you remember what a flower is Raiyne?" It wasn't condecending, but she couldn't wrap her mind around someone not even remembering a flower.