Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Stavos POV…

(The beach view----->)

I stared out the bedroom window of my condo and into the night and watched the waves caress the shoreline before they receded back into the dark waters of the sea. The moon was not out tonight and I didn’t know if that was a bad omen or not. I turned and walked through my emptiness of my private residence and tried not to feel bad about leaving the twins at home in the main mansion. I needed a minute to myself to decide what the hell I was going to do about our factory workers attacks. Dimitri had tried to talk me out of it, so had Gustave. And again I understood where they were coming from, but I feel a confrontation with my cousin is going to inevitable.

Nikolai was hitting below the belt by attacking the innocent people that happens to work for Dimitri’s businesses. Clueless masses were being hurt and even killed because he wanted to draw me out into the open. I know that was why he was doing it, and it is pissing me off to no end. Didn’t I practically give him the fucking leadership of the council on a silver platter? What the fuck more he wanted from me?

Walking through the darkened hallway, I made it to my home office and I unlocked the cabinet and grabbed a bottle of blood. I was about to pop the top when the bottle as snatched from my hand and I looked up into my mates unhappy face.

“You have not one but two mates at home willing to satiate your hunger.” He pouted and slammed the bottle back on the counter. Ayden has been trying to link with you for hours. He felt your worry before you closed yourself off from us yet again and we were concerned.” Ahron exclaimed mutinously as he stood with his slender arms on his hips and glared accusingly at me.

I sighed and looked at my perturbed mate, the moonlight shining across the carpet just barely kissed the silken skin of his arm and the side of his face. How gorgeous he was as he stood there and openly challenged me. The fire in his dark eyes flared with his indignation and I was sorely tempted to let my beast free to have his way and ravishing him. But I was afraid that in my present state of mind, I would unconsciously hurt my precious mate. I dropped my mind shield and I immediately felt the love and warm encouragement that my other sensitive little one was sending my way.  I continued to study Ahron’s tense posture when I made my decision, one of them at least. I released some of my hidden powers and I willed Ayden to me, and in seconds my second shocked mate materialized out of the elements and was now sitting primly in lap blinking up at me in surprise.  

Ahron sputtered and looked at looked at his twin. “How did you do that, that's not possible, no one is strong enough to conjure a Vampire without their consent?” He declared and I just shook my head. This was where my explanations were going to have to start.

“I have something I need to discuss with the two of you, and what I have to say will explain what you just saw. Then after you have hear my explanation; you can both have my blessing to sever our mating bond if you so choose.” I explained to both of them with a heavy heart. If they decided to sever our relationship I will never be able to find another mate as long as both of them or even if only one of them lives. But after they find out the true lineage of Ancient Vampires that I descended from they may not want to have anything to do with me whatsoever, giving that the council was suspected in causing the death of their parents.

Ahron slowly made his way over to me and Ayden shifted over for his twin, so now I had a lap full of my beautiful boys. I hope after I tell my tale they will decide to still be mine. I took a deep breath and began my story. I just started from the beginning with my own father as head of the council and the time spent with the cruel Vampire as he groomed me to take his place. I told them all the deplorable things I had witnessed. Then came the traumatic murder of my family by what I suspected was an ordered hit by Nikolai and his followers. I told them of how Dimitri’s family had taken me in despite my nefarious origins, and about when I denounced the leadership of the council and handed it over to my power hungry cousin. They sat wide eyed and enraptured as I revealed myself bit by bit to them until they knew it all.