Chapter 19 **Part 2** (Justice)

Chapter 19, Part 2

**A/N-Well babies, this is it, the last chapter before the epilogue. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for supporting this story. I will eventually write Mating Lessons which will be Nikolai's story, there is also a short story in Nosebleed Central, Life Lessons... that gives you a spoiler into Nikolai's life. Please enjoy the song, I thought it was fitting, Nickelback, "I'll come for you."xoxo Dianna

Ayden...

(Total destruction of the ancients and their home------>)

Ahron and I stood huddled together under the heavy quilt that Stavos had lovingly tucked around our shoulders to protect us from the frigid air outside since we had insisted on seeing him off. I wasn't so sure that it such a good idea after all. My heart felt like it was about to explode right out of the middle of my chest as I watched the love of my life disappear through trees lining the edge of Dimitri's and into the darkness. Ahron's pulse wasn't faring any better than mine, and I closed my eyes and sighed when I felt the love and encouragement our mate has been constantly sending is as he used his vampire speed to carry him closer and closer to the council's manor hidden deep in the wooded countryside.

I jumped a little when I suddenly felt cold air brushing against my skin. A part of our quilt was wrestled away from us and a slender little body wiggled it's way in between ours. Caleb cuddled his way in between us and we wrapped him up just as Gustav and Dimitri flashed by us, they were a blur to even us as they used their vampire speed to make sure they didn't lose Stavos' trail. Our mate was the only one other than Nikolai who knew where the coucil's manor was physically located. The old bastards usually came to you when they sought you out for whatever reason, they kept the place where they slept a secret. Stavos knew only because he practically grew up there when his father led those assholes.

Our uncles had waited long enough before following after Stavos without him immediately catching on that they were almost right behind him, or so we all hoped. His friends had appeased him by telling him that they would remain behind to watch over us. Stavos just didn't understand that we all had powers of our own. And not only that, Aunt Irina had remained behind with us and that woman can take on the Devil himself if she wanted to and have him groveling at her feet and begging her to have some mercy. One thing the men of our household always understood and that was to never ever mess with our aunt, or get on her shit list. One never fared well when either of those things occurred.

"Let's go back inside and keep ourselves occupied." Caleb said as he nudged us back towards the balcony doors.

We all managed to shuffle back inside still wrapped up like we were and Ahron shrugged himself free of the quilt and closed the doors behind us. Aunt Irina was already curled up on one of the overstuffed chairs by the cozy fire Uncle Gustav had started for her. She had already lit the soothing mix of herbs around the room and their fragrance mixed with the aromatic tea that Stavos had prepared for us made the entire room a haven of peace. Our mate had explained to everyone that the complex mixture of herbs and spices will help fortify Ahron and I as we are exposed the strain of his magic when he opened himself to the dark arts and released his beast.

No sooner had we settled ourselves on the bed of pillows on the the floor, did I feel a swift jolt of heat shimmer across our bond, followed by a wave of pure love from our mate. It was like he was telling us that he loved us one more time. I turned and stared wide eyed at Ahron because I was sure he felt it too. My twin reached for my hands and we held onto each other as a shock wave of fire rolled over our connection to our love like an massive incoming tsunami. Me being the more sensitive of the two of us, I went flying backwards into the nest of pillows and my body writhed across the floor as I heard a mighty roar echoing in my head.