Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Ahron’s POV…

(Ayden and Ahron's English Home---->)

 The wind was blowing outside and darkness had descended over my parent’s home, the only light on in the massive Tudor style mansion was in the room where I was trying to comfort my sobbing twin. Why, you ask? It’s because just yesterday after returning from our little naughty foray in the nearby forest we came home at dusk, and in the fading light of the day we found our parents and our servants slaughtered. Heads were ripped off their bodies and stakes were driven deep into my parents chests, leaving only their jewelry as the only identifying markers in their ashes. Brutal, I know, but that was the only way to kill a vampire; and that’s what we were. Born into darkness as some would describe blood birthed vampires, not turned ones. My twin Ayden and I were now considered orphans and benefactors of our parents huge estate and wealth, their businesses ranged all over the world after centuries of life or existence I should say, they were co-partnered by our only surviving relatives our Aunt Irina and Uncle Gustav.

 They resided in the United States, sunny Florida to be exact, and because of business obligations here, we rarely left the English coast where we resided to visit, but I can remember several visits from Aunt Irina over the years. We even spent some time there when we were really young, I could barely remember it, but trust my sweet brother to remember every detail of the visit, of which he can and has recounted to me numerous times over the years. He could remember my Aunt’s close family friends Dimitri, but I remembered only one person. The silent and dominating Stavos, even as young as we were at the time, his aura called out to me and therefore out to Ayden through our bond. But he scared me, us really. He was absolutely stunning, a sexy beast, all 6’8 of pure packed muscle and menace. I tried to steer clear of him the entire time we were there and he paid us little attention, unless he was in charge of shuffling us to and from since he was in charge of the family’s security detail.

 I was brought out of my thoughts as Ayden shivered in my arms and wrapped himself even tighter around my body where we lay on his bed. I ran my fingers through his midnight black tresses and engulfed them into the softness of the strands. The creamy pale skin of his arm brushed over my smooth naked chest and sent a quiver of delight through my body as his skin brushed over my nipples causing them to pebble as if begging for more attention. My twin and I shared a special connection, not only are we bonded as identical twins, we shared a deeper bond, and a sexually charged bond that we discovered at the time when a young blood vampire matures into a fully fledged vampire. Some people would call it incest, but we called it our soul bond, and through that bond we shared every feeling, every desire, want, crave and thoughts.

  My parents sheltered and protected us from the curiosity of the Vampire Council here in Europe that still lived in the archaic ways of the olden days, believing that the species human and vampire should not mix. It was very rare that identical twins are born of the true blood vampire species and they wanted to take us from birth to study us like we were science experiments or something, and our parent’s downright refused them time and time again. There was even a onetime kidnapping attempt that caused my father to go feral and destroy half of the council’s minions in the attempt to take us, thus that led to a cold feud between my parents and the council.

 Although I haven’t shared this with Ayden, I truly believed the council was responsible for this heinous act, not even 24 hours after our parent’s demise did they show up with false condolences offering us sanctuary. If I hadn’t contacted our Aunt right away I don’t know what would have happened. The guards that she sent had sent them on their disgruntled way and we were leaving the only home we have ever known within the matter of hours under guard.