Chapter 16.

** Sorry for the late update **

To dwell on nothing but fragments of past, I was asked to let go but how could I? To close my eyes and relive those moments, my smile, my happines! Where do they think I gain this courage from?

Recap-   Amanda is the Princess of England who is dylexic. In the seventeen years of her life all she's been subjected to is her parents' resentment. When she's sent forcefully to Germany in order to participate in a peace treaty, she has mixed feelings. On meeting with Jason, the Prince of Germany she develops a crush on him who himself finds him attracted to Annabella. But all those feelings go "downtown" when she realizes that Jason and she are being forced into a marriage together.

After their engagement is announced, Jason hurriedly leaves with Annabella. Seeing the affectionate exchange between the couple, Amanda immediately gets jealous. On sensing the foul mood, Jeremy, Amanda's friend takes her to a club. After which, Jeremy and Amanda proceed to have sex with each other. On finding this out Jason angrily confronts Amy after which he realizes he wasn't in a position to question Amy due to his relationship with Annabella. As a way to say sorry he invites Amanda to a special night with him in the theater room at 9.

Chapter 16:

The clock struck nine. I was dressed up in the finest dress, the best jewelry, the finest smile and with the most glad heart I walked down to theater room.

I expected some big gesture, elaborate decorations with Jason in the middle of all of it but all I was greeted with was disappointment. The large hall stood empty. The large screen left blank. I slouched on the one of the seats and patiently waited for Jason.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

I took out my phone and began scrolling through my instagram feed.

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

I nervously checked the time again, 11 p.m. It had been over two hours, I wanted to get up and leave but something told me that I should stay, wait, that he'd come. But what hope was I clinging on to?

I was sure that he was stuck in some very important task, an obligation he couldn't be absolved from.

I sadly walked up to my room, all dreams shattered in the clutch of disappointment. Before I could open the door to my room, a bright smile greeted me.

"Princess, I mean, Amy." A cheerful boy in his transition to a full grown man, said.

"Daniel." I smiled at him.

We were standing in a deserted hallway with security which now seemed invisible to me. The lights in the hallway were dimmed as it was midnight already. I could see Daniel's cheeks which were still flushed, his body awfully still. His nervousness around me, almost made me laugh.

"Why are you roaming the halls, in this hour? Its late, the future Queen must sleep." He cracked yet, another nervous smile. 'The future Queen' the phrase made my toes curl.

"I was waiting for Jason but he ditched me. Any idea where I may find him?" On hearing the question, Daniel stilled, his lips stretched in a smile not formed into a thin line as he gazed at me.

"I don't know how to tell you this."  He said and paused. He momentarily closed his eyes as I anticipated his next words. "Princess Annabella went to his room a few hours ago, they may be still there."

I was left speechless. There was no dignity left in the so called Prince. While I waited for him, at a place he coaxed me to come he was busy with his girlfriend.

I was too furious and ashamed to say something to Daniel, therefore, I abruptly left. Each crack of my heels, signifying my approach. My fingers furiously fumbled with the ring he had given me.

I arrived  at his door only to be stopped by his guard.

"The Prince, has said that no one shall be allowed inside." He said decisively.

"The no one excludes his fiancée." I said and barged in.

The sight in front of me was much expected but I had still hoped somewhere deep down that, Daniel had been wrong. That Jason wasn't with Annabella.

My eyes disagreed, though. A half clothed Jason and barely clothed Annabella, gave me all the answers I needed. 

Jason's eyes widened as he looked at me and so did Annabella's smile.

I took off the engagement ring and flung it across the room. Jason stood up to follow me but the door I had slammed on his face told him otherwise.