Chapter 7.

Who said its good to love and lose, I rather wish I hadn't loved at all.

The world came crashing down onto me. The sun had set but my agony had just arisen. The thought of marrying Jason pained me. I didn't want to be tangled into a loveless marriage.

What were they expecting of me? Should I be the dutiful wife and bear the heirs and leave behind my country in the hands of some psychopath.

Every girl dreams of the perfect marriage, It would've been my day . The perfect dress which makes the bride look like goddess, all eyes on here as she walked down the aisle. The wedding bells, the perfect setting, the perfect view.

And most importantly the perfect guy.

If he was there the other things didn't matter. Did they?

But my one dream was being ripped away from me. What have I ever asked for? A boy who loved me. What that so bad, wasn't that what ever girl desired?

My head was in my hands as the gut- wrenching thoughts scrambled in my head. The edges of my eyes were filled with tears threatening to run down my cheek but before that could happen a knock interrupted my train of thought.

"Amanda." Jason's voice reached to me.

"Come in, Jason." I tried to hold back the tears and stood up greeting him. He walked inside the room and softly closed the door behind him. He sat on my bed, he looked strained as well and no matter how much I abhorred the idea of this marriage seeing him in pain, caused me dull suffering too.

"What happened, Jason?" I asked. He looked at me bemused his eyes were almost reflecting shock.

"What happened?! How are you not mad at me? How have you kept yourself calm? I can barely hold it together." He retorted.

"I think you agreed to this Jason, I am the one being forced into this stupid thing. For my emotions, since the time I've existed on this soil I've known to obscure my emotions well from the eyes of the people. So, stop screaming." We were both standing opposite to each other, both of us were overwhelmed. Jason was merely nineteen and I had a petty experience of seventeen years and being pushed into marriage was absolutely ridiculous.

"What are we going to do?" He asked.

"I don't know. I hope you don't expect me to breed your offsprings and cook for you." I told him.

"Eventually even that will follow." Silence followed his words. None of us knew what did we have to speak. We couldn't leave two countries without a heir neither could we.......

But he didn't know one thing no matter how much he wanted children I couldn't give him any.

"Jason... I.... " I tried to speak but ended up stuttering.

"What?" I wanted to tell him but I decide against it.

"I was saying that I may marry you legally but I refuse to have any kind of personal relationship with you or indulge in a ceremonial wedding." I said crossing my arms against my chest.

"Neither am I very fond of either of the ideas so I guess we shall get rid of those two scenarios." He nodded in accord with me.

"What about are parents? Will they not want to throw a huge party to celebrate?" I questioned him. He laid back on my bed with his hands behind his head.

"We are already doing enough to make them happy."

"You.... you are not doing anything. You are acting out of greed and taking appalling measures to avoid war. This is....... Pathetic." I said and flung myself on the bed too.

"I wasn't given much of choice too, Amy." He said through his gritted teeth. I sighed and rolled to my side.

When did it all mess up so bad?

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Yeah, it completely slipped off my mind." He sat up on the bed beckoning me to the same. I sat up beside him looking at him, intrigued.

"Tomorrow, is our engagement celebration. We'll be announced as a betrothed couple." My face scrunched up dreading every thought which ran in my mind.

"We need a story, how did we meet blah blah blah." He said.

"Okay, I say..... I was invited here and as I arrived you looked into my eyes and you fell in love. Then you begged me around till I said yes." I said with a mischievous smile.

He jerked back and laughed humorlessly. "No way, more like you were on your knees begging for one chance."

"Which kind of moron would be stupid enough to believe that I begged you around, we have to be practical Jason." I said.

"And they would believe that I, the most charming prince, begged you around." He rolled over to face me with a wide grin on his face,

We argued for about half an hour and we still didn't come up with the right story. We did end up laughing together till years spilled from our eyes.

"I have to ask, can I still sleep around?" Jason asked with his lip between his teeth.

"Yes, Jason. Our marriage is a mere show, no real feelings involved." I said and my words were honest. If I wasn't going to sleep with him, what was the reason of holding him back.

"But we can still be friends and try to act civil, right?" I smiled and nodded. I brought a paper and pen and folded my legs on the bed.

"Let's make a contract." I handed him the pen and paper, I couldn't collide the lead with the paper without making innumerable spelling mistakes.

Laws of Marriage-

1. Jason can have physical relations with other woman and so can Amanda. But when she has physical relations with other women, she must invite Jason to watch.

I rolled my eyes, as he wrote down the first rule laughing.

2. Amanda and Jason will remain friends and be civil to each other.

3. Jason will give Amanda an equal position and include her in all the decisions related to the governing of both the countries.

"For now, these will do. We'll add more when we have to." Jason said.

"Uh huh. Just one more." I said.

4. Jason will respect Amanda and not be mean to her.

"When did I ever be mean to you?" He asked with shock. I asked him if her really wanted to go there. He just shook his head and nodded accepting the rules.

Guys,

Comment, vote and follow!!

The more the votes the sooner I'll update.