Chapter 8.

I fell in love with you but never until now I wish I hadn't.

So, I was just reading my book. Man, I write awesome!!!! 😂

I know I update very late but I can't help it. I love writing but unfortunately I can't dedicate all my time to it so please be patient. The school work is just a burden and I just can't focus!! I am trying my best.

Oh and by the way: I have started a new book again. Guilty! But I couldn't help it I always wanted to write a Shawn Mendes fanfic. Please read it!!

Its called hopelessly falling!

The party was to be held today afternoon. The extravagant preparations had already begun. The lights and the decorations were being put up while the caterers scurried along the long hallways. There were smiles on faces, ecstasy clouding face whereas, my eyebrows were draw together in a frown. The end of my lips were facing the bare floor.

As the clock ticked by my agitation increased. I rushed around the room walking in circles. Soon, they would be here to dress me up.

A few hours later~

The maids had just left the room. They had been working on me for hours trying to deal with my mess. My body was squeezed tightly in a bodice cutting off my oxygen supply and my hair was rolled up in such complicated knots that my head was heavy just thinking about them. My feet were in heels that I swear were higher than Eiffel Tower.

I hated every ounce of this. What was I doing this for? A marriage? A guy I didn't even want to marry?

My head swung to the door as the Queen knocked on it. I curtsied to her and she gave me a small nod. She gestured me to sit on the chair and walked towards me. Once I sat on the chair, she placed a necklace around my bare neck.

"This is a family heirloom." She softly said as her fingers traced the edges of it. The necklace clasped around my neck was a ravisher that would lure every woman. Three thin chains of platinums had been woven together to hold a set of sparkling diamonds at its end.

To be fair, the necklace outshone me. Its glow made my face look dull. My finger went up to touch the edges of the necklace to estimate the delicacy of it.

"This is yours now, as my future daughter in law." All the beauty of the necklace shattered once she said that. I closed my eyes as my lips feigned a smile.

"Thank you." I tightly said.

"I know its not easy Amanda but which ruler had it easy. Especially, the female. We have to adjust and compromise all the time." She sighed.

Adjust and compromise this was my marriage, my whole life. I was supposed to marry someone I loved not a beast hungry for physical intimacy.

I lightly nodded, I didn't want to argue. There wouldn't be any affirming outcome of arguing then why should I waste more energy and pain myself.

Mrs. Herriot left the room and I stood up to look at my reflection in the mirror. I took a deep breath and prepared myself for going down and facing everyone.

I stepped out of the room. Jason was standing outside waiting looking as handsome as ever. If the situation hadn't been so chaotic, I would've been drooling. As I walked out he took my arm around his and together like a couple we descended the stairs.

I sucked in a breath in when I saw the people who had crowded in the hall. Between the sea of people I saw two faces with smiles wide with happiness, my parents. My pain had always been a source of happiness to them. The perfectly straight set of teeth set me off guard and I almost stumbled. Nervousness etched my face as my grip on Jason tightened.

He was good at obscuring it but I knew he was panicking too. Step by step we walked down as the crowd cheered at the top of their voices.

"Keel calm, keep calm." I whispered to myself which caused Jason to chuckle. I glared at him while he tried to keep a straight face but miserably failed. A smile fell on his lips while I glared at him. But the way his lips attractively opened to  flash his teeth made me smile too. I gazed at his handsome face, I was so close now that I could inspect every inch of his face.

"Stop staring at me wierdo." He said softly causing me to giggle.

"You wish, Princess." I replied looking at the people.

We were now standing in front of the people who had different emotions clouding their faces. Jason and my parents came over to us with wide smiles.

"The rumours have already made way to you but we would like to confirm them. Its a true that my son Jason  Herriot and England's Princess Amanda Casin are now engaged. I would like you all to join the celebration of merriment and share our joy." Jason's father said.

A scowl made way to my face when Jason said 'smile.' I plastered a fake smile and so did Jason. We stood there as people gushed to us, giving us a word of their congratulations, wishing us luck. The eyes of the female immediately went to my hand inspecting my ring.

They went all giddy, telling us how beautiful it was.

After long, agonising hours of greetings we finally had some time to ourselves. "This necklace looks beautiful on you." Jason said.

"Trust me this would look gorgeous on anyone." I said pointing to the platinum around my neck which had adorned me with its beauty.

"It would." Before we could exchange more words curly blonde locks entered my vision.

"Amanda." He whispered. My eyes looked at the face which they had been craving since years. My eyes ravished every inch of his face till it landed on the eyes they were once in love with.

Vote and comment!! I'll update soon, I promise. At times I just need a little motivation your comments and votes tend to do that.

Keep reading!

And follow me!