26

It All Started With Starbucks

Chapter Twenty - Six : Gone

Sienna's Point of View

"Sienna Blake?" the person asked on the other side of the phone. Who was this? It was a block number too!

"Yes?" I asked stupidly.

"Your mother Lily Blake has been in a terrible accident that took her life," the other side said. You can hear the pity in the person's voice. No this cannot be happening! My mother is not dead, she's gonna come home and tell me everything is okay!

"She is not dead," I stated boldly. I felt stupid and like a little girl for doing this, but I was a mommy's girl.

"Please come to the SAA," a voice that sounded familiar pleaded. It was Jocelyn who was talking to me. Oh no! The accident was not an accident then, this cannot be happening. 

"I'm coming," I said. I hopped into my car speeding through the streets to teh agency. I didn't care if I got a speeding ticket, but my mom is dead. If a police pulls me over I will be pissed, my mother is dead I don't got no time to talk to you.

I parked in a reserved parking space meant for important people. I ran into the agency not bothering to stop by the desk this time. I entered the room who stored Matthew, Brent's parents, and Brent himself, also Jocelyn, and last but not least the person who gave birth to me lying lifelessly on the bed.

"Mom don't die on me," I said as tears started to blur my vision.

"Your mom died protecting you. Lily went to Roman, DJ, and their other brother, she got them arrested, but they killed her before they were sent to prision," Jocelyn explained crying herself. Everyone in the room was crying.

Lily had an important role in all these people's lives. Matthew was her husband. Her bosses were her close friends. Brent was her future son-in-law. Jocelyn provided everything for her. Why wasn't Chris here?

"Did you guys call Chris?" I asked mostly my dad. He nodded.

"Called him after you," Matthew stated.

Right on time, Chris came running in with tear streaks on his face. Chris was more for my dad, but our mom gave birth to us.

Not having a mom is like a big impact. Mothers do so much for you. Work for money, clean the house, pay the bills, and etc. Dads do the same, but they didn't have to go through the pain of giving birth to a human being.

--

"We are gather here today to burry Lily Blake who was a loving mother and friend of all," the priest said. I zoned out not even believing that my mother was no longer here with me. No longer here. I cried and Brent hugged me in comfort.

I feel bad for doing this to Brent. I got him worried all the time thinking I would break down any minute now. Brent is a really good boyfriend and he knows how to comfort me. I love him. I am in love with him and I honestly don't mind marrying him when we graduate.

Chris was comforting Sierra who was crying more than he was, but Chris was still crying just not as much. I wished she was still here saying everything will be okay or I love you. Losing a family member has a big impact in your life mostly when you known them your whole entire life.

"Here's Sienna Blake, Lily's daughter," the priest said passing it over to me. I got up and went on the stage to give my speech.

"Lily Blake. She was my mother and my best friend. My mom is always there for me through anything, she was the best mother a girl can have. I miss her a lot, but I know she will be better up there in heaven watching over us. I wish I could still hear her voice telling me to do my homework, stay in school, use protection, and don't get pregnant. I don't know what to do without her honestly. Mothers are like your maps to the future, I guess I have to be a woman now. Mom I love you," I said breaking into tears getting off stage.