Twenty-Six

Chapter's song: Honest by Shawn Mendes (I loved this song for this chapter!)

"Okay," she says.

Okay?

That's it?!

It has been hell to let her think things through, giving her space, and that's the answer I get?

"Mark?" she asks and I notice how her voice breaks at the end.

"I'm here. Still utterly shocked by your answer."

"Huh?"

I smile to myself. Oh. I'm not making it easy for her.

"I mean, okay can mean so many things, Kate." I lay back on my bed, staring at the ceiling, imagining those beautiful blue eyes blinking back at me, as I'm sure they would if I were in front of Kate. "Okay, I don't want to see you ever again. Or, okay, I'm ready to confess my undying love to you, or okay Mark you win, I'm such a lucky girl to have you beside me, or okay, you dumbass, I'm not letting you near me ever again..."

I open my mouth to add more examples when she sighs. "I should have seen this coming."

Yes. She should have.

Still, I go on.

"Or okay, you're delusional if you think I want anything to do with you, or okay, I'm done, do whatever, or..."

"You know what? I think I'm taking back my okay."

I burst out laughing.

"Why? Is that an okay, you are the most handsome and desirable man on earth and how could I possibly live without you before, okay?"

"You're such an egocentric tool, Mark." I imagine her shaking her head and probably rolling her eyes.

"So, it was an okay like that, Kate. I get it. And you're right. I am all that and more."

Kate groans. "I never meant it that way!"

My smile widens.I wish we were together right now. She looks extremely hot when she's mad. "So, how did you mean it? I mean, you can be more specific because this handsome stud has a very lively imagination."

"Handsome stud?" she laughs, "well, sorry dude, but I'm afraid this handsome stud will remain single for a while!"

I chuckle. "Tsk. Sorry. You can't take back your okay. I have news for you: you're stuck with me." Standing up from the bed, I reach out to get my jacket. "And you know what? I can't wait to see you."

Kate stays quiet. "What? Are you coming over?" she sounds nervous. I pause as I reach my front door.

"Well, isn't that what couples do? Be together?"

The words leave my mouth and I freeze for a second.

Kate has accepted to be my girlfriend.

Bloody hell.