Chapter 6

Before I realized it, it was all over. The pain i had felt in my lower abdomen had subsided and my head was resting on his arm. His breathing was slow and even and his body was warm. I looked around. The sun was beaming through the thin red curtains. Visions of last night played in my head repeatedly and it made me feel fluttery inside. A vision of my grandmother and the elders checking the sheets for blood interrupted my happy thoughts and i felt my face burn with embarrassment. I didn't want to wake up Ruben but i really had to get up. I slowly rose up and pulled the sheets off of me. As soon as my foot touched the floor, two strong hands pulled my back roughly. " Where might you be going mate?" He asked in a husky voice. He playfully growled as i tried to get up again. " No where..just to get some air." I laughed as he tickled me slightly." Well then hurry back so i could cuddle with you" He had loosened his grip and chuckled when i quickly turned to keep him from seeing me blush. I walked into the closet and grabbed my sweats and tank top.

        ~~~~~~*~~~~~~

During that day, i had not heard or seen Vanille which is weird cause shes always in my face about things. " Grandma, have you seen Vanille?" I asked walking into the kitchen. "Hm? why shes out back. Been out there all day."  I knew what that ment. Vanille was tending to our mothers garden. "Vanille?" I walked up behind her. She was crouched on her knees, watering the flowers. She turned to look at me, stood up and smiled. " so i heard that you and Mr. Ruben mated last night!" she playfully punched me. "..uh yea. Has word gotten out so quick?" . " They announced it this morning." Oh.. "Well good for you." My sister laughed again. " Oh! Rose! look!" She turned my head toward the garden. Beautiful red petals were opening. I stared in awe at the glorious sight. " And they said this dirt wasn't gonna grow anything, but with a little love, sweat, and hope anythings possible."  Vanille and i chatted for most of the evening about my night and hers. When i returned to the house, Ruben was sitting at the kitchen table signing documents, "Hey.. um..Ruben." He smiled. "Hey. You ready to go?" He asked folding the papers backwards. I had completely forgot that i had to stay with his  pack. I rushed upstairs only to find all my belongings packed into 3 big suitcases. I felt hot tears stroll down my cheeks. I felt this cold emptiness and knew i would never get over this.