Chapter 4

I looked around but could not see anything. I stared at Ruben. He had not turned around to look at me or to look around. He kept his broad chin up and straight ahead.The pride of an alpha, i said to myself. When we reached the house I walked around the front. I waved slowly at him and he smiled and waved back before going into the house. " Rose!" I could see Vanille running towards me in her light blue dress. "Rose where have you been? Ive been looking every where for you!" " I was um...-" . "Whats that on your neck?" She said gliding her index finger down my neck. " you've been bitten?" she looked angry and worried. "No!" i explained what had happened with Ruben. She studied me as if to see if i was lying. "Hmm..." "Come on Vanille" She signed as i pulled her hand. By the time we got back inside, the party was over and everyone was gone. I made my way upstairs. Vanille had to do her duties as secretary and went to Mr. Jules office. Laying down on my queen size bed, i closed my eyes,thinking back to Ruben. I sat up.IM BEING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!!i checked the clock. 5:30p.m. usually, mate calls start at 7 but i wasn't sure i wanted to mate with a complete stranger. In fact, i was damn sure i didn't! I stood up and walked to the restroom. "Oh gosh..." My neck was reddish where Ruben had bit me. I looked tired and hagged. I took off my clothes and ran the shower. I stood in the shower letting the hot water hit my bare skin as i thought about what i was goingto do.

~~~~~ *~~~~~

I steeped out the shower. I knew i couldn't very well denymy grandmothers wishes, only to be out casted by the whole pack. I put on a tank top and sweat pants, brushed my teeth and combed my hair. Washing off the excess make up, I glanced at the clock. It was 6:29. I rushed into the room and put on some flip flops. I spritzed some perfume on me. A low knock came to the door and then my grandmother walked in. " Are you done?" She asked smiling with her gray eyes. "Yes grandmother." I turned towards her as she came to me. "Rose, you are the only hope to be safe now." She pushed a lose hair behind her ear. "Make us proud dear." She hugged me and kissed my cheek. Slowly she led me down the stairs. Ruben was standing at the bottom.. My heartbeat was pounding in my ear. His Long black hair was pulled back. Standing he looked much taller than i remembered. As i reached the last step, i stumbled forward. Falling i braced myself for the impact but instead i only felt two strong hands grasp my side. "it seems that your always falling." He chucked as he left me go. My face burned with embarrassment. "She is ready for the mating." My grandmother said aloud. The man standing next to Ruben smiled. "Then lets head this way." Ruben walked on the side of me, holding my hand. The hall was quiet and i began to panic. He squeezed my hand and smiled a crooked smile. My heart race as he pulled me closer. Has we turned the corner, I could see the room, I breathed in slowly and closed my eyes. I wasn't sure if i was ready but it couldn't be helped. It was happening anyway.