Chapter 3

~~~~~*~~~~~

I stared at him. "Are you OK?" He asked again. His face was so close that i could feel his peppermint breath hitting my face. I nodded and stood up, still wobbly from his stare. My grandmother rushed over. " Oh so you met Ruben?" I looked at her and nodded in disagreement. "I guess..." Ruben smiled. " Ruben, meet my eldest granddaughter, Rosalie. Your bride." "What?!" I said loudly causing the others to stare. My grandmother suggested that we talk in private away from prying eyes, so she led us to the kitchen. I sat on the counter and put my head in my lap. " Rose i know this is alot to take in but we need to unite our packs and you being the oldest and my granddaughter its your job." I glared at my grandmother like she had lost her mind. " How could you just.. sign over my life like it was paper? Especially one that determines my future?" I yelled. "Dammit I'm 19!! I'm not ready for this type of commitment!!" my grandmother looked both angry and shakened up by my words. " Rosalie, there will not be another word on this matter. You will do as your told." I knew i couldn't protest anymore. it wouldn't make a difference. " you will move to the north with his pack. but you will mate here tonight. be ready and please rose, behave yourself." i felt like a kid getting scolded. UGH.. how could she do this? I turned and walked out of the door, running in the process and changing from. I ran fast as i could until i smelled something.

                                                                              ~*~

I stopped  and turned only to be knocked down by a huge figure. I snipped and snapped at my attacker. He flipped my over and bit into my neck softly. I whimpered in submission. He held on for a second and then let go. Rolling over on my stomach i stood turning back into a human. "What was that for?" I screamed. The wolf transformed. Ruben stood up and wiped his forehead " Your were moving to0 fast i was afraid you didn't see the trap set there." I turned and looked up the pathway. there, covered in a mass of red and brown eaves was a silver metal trap. I cringed at the site, "thanks" i said in a shy whisper. "No problem, mate." he shook the grass out of his Long black hair. " do you really want me to be your mate? i asked. my face was burning as his beautiful eyes locked on me. "of course, for the sake of my pack." He grabbed my hand " you will be perfect." he smiled and pulled me along. i followed him back to the house. He held my hand gently but all of the sudden it got tighter. I could sense a wolf nearby but could not see it. Could it be....