Howling Moon

A werewolf bite was very deadly to a vampire. We didn't stand much of a chance against them. Well at least Justin and Matt didn't. Ah hell, we're gonna die by the hands of filthy mutts.

"Hey!" Liam glared at me.

"Oops," I covered my mouth. I smirked at him. "Did I say that out loud?"

"Why yes," he crossed his arms. "Yes you did."

"My bad," I batted my eyelashes at him.

"Let's go," Matt ordered.

We all nodded. We started running through the thick forest where the trees hovered above us. The winds picked up, which meant we weren't the only ones running. About 5 werewolves flashed infront of us, flashing their canines at us. Jarrod walked in front of the pack, only he was in his normal form.

"Hello, my dear friends," he smiled sickly at us.

"Why are you still in that form?" Liam asked. His eyebrows knitted together.

"Have you forgotten already?" Jarrod laughed. "I don't transform. It's not my thing. I have a choice, these guys don't."

"And why is that?" I asked this time.

"It's a little thing we call magic," he said directed at me. "Ever heard of it?"

"Why no," I shook my head. "Enlighten me."

Jarrod cover his face with one hand as he laughed. Was it just me or was he going crazy? Maybe it was a side effect of not transforming on the full moon.

"Oh Marni," he shook his head.

"Yes, Jarrod?" I raised a brow.

"Always the sarcastic one," he looked up at me. "It's... annoying."

I gasped. "Jarrod! How could you! I thought you loved my sarcasm!"

"And there it is again," he narrowed his eyes. "I'm usually calm and collected, but on a full moon. Well, that's a different story."

Suddenly the wind blew harder. Caleb was by his side. His eyes were a bright yellow. He was baring his teeth at us. He made a move to jump at us, but Jarrod sent him flying towards a tree making him smash into it. Caleb growled at Jarrod.

"Stay. Back," Jarrod ordered, baring his teeth as well.

Ok then, I guess Jarrod transformed too. Unless he only has his bright colored eyes and amazingly sharp teeth.

"Well this has been fun," I took a step back. "But I'm afraid we gotta go."

"Oh, why not stay a little longer?" Jarrod growled.

"No can do buddy," I frowned. "Unfortunately, we wanna live tonight."

"Unfortunate?!" Serenity squeaked. "Hell, I wanna get out of here!"

"Shut up," I nudged her.

"Oh, right," she whispered. "Doing what Marni does best."

"Can I kill her now?" Caleb had a menacing smile plastered over his face.

"The witch?" Jarrod smirked. "Go ahead."

"What?!" I shrieked. "I thought we were pals Jarrod!"

"Never," his smirk grew.

Right then, Caleb leaped at me. I pushed Ren towards Matt and kicked Caleb back.

"Liam, make a pathway for Ren and Matt to escape," I ordered. Since he had transformed, I guess he could join the party as well. "Justin... just do what you always do."