Chapter 11 - Apologies

I'm so tired of being here

Suppressed by all my childish fears

And if you have to leave

I wish that you would just leave

'Cause your presence still lingers here

And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal

This pain is just too real

There's just too much that time cannot erase

My Immortal - Evanescence

-----------------------------------------------------

I broke one of the poles out of the closet. It was a long metal one, about a meter in length, which normally clothes were hung on. I had to protect myself.

I held it tightly and faced the door. It banged again and I backed away. I wished that the window did not have burglar bars. It became more obvious how screwed I was.

Again there was a bang. I shuddered and jumped back.

It burst through. The door flung across the room and hit the wall. I focused on its angry eyes, glaring at me. I flinched and backed off.  It was a Wolf, but it was bigger, stronger, than any of the others I had seen.

And it looked more bloodthirsty than them too.

"No!" I squeaked and backed off. It lowered his head, and a snarl ripped through it's teeth.

This was it, it was going to finish me off. I swung the pole at its head, but who was I kidding? No way was I going to overpower one of those monsters.

It lunged at me, and I was slammed into the wall. I groaned, my whole back clicking. I could smell it's breath in my face and cringed away. It stared at me with its big, angry eyes and my knees gave out. I sunk to the floor under it, curled into a ball and started to cry.

I think I shocked it, because I felt it nuzzle my side. I just kept sobbing. I didn't look up, I didn't want to see it, I didn't want to hear it. I just wanted it to go away.

There was a harsh snarl, and I felt teeth at my neck, by my scars.

It was too much, I passed out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun peered through the window and fluttered through my eyelids. I stretched my toes and my back, but it collided with the wall. Wait- the wall? I tried to ignore it and drift back into sleep.

I had had a terrible dream during the night- there had been something coming into the room to get me. I pulled my warm solid pillow closer, my hands rested on it's firm abs-

WAIT a minute!

My eyes flew open.

Aha! I was correct, pillows do not in fact, have abs, or hair. And in general pillows are not naked teenage guys.

I made a bizarre squeaking noise from the back of my throat an felt instanty nauseous. Al blinked sleepily and then paled. We stared at each other in complete shock. A pink slowly started over his cheeks, and he jolted away from me, grabbing the duvet and using it to... cover himself.

"Al" I breathed his name.

Oh jeez, so it had not been a dream. The Wolf who had burst into the room was Al. And I was still alive. I felt the urge to run for my life, so I scrambled onto my feet, and made for the door.