Chapter 3 - Alexander Ezra

I'm a killer, cold and wrathful

Silent sleeper, I've been inside your bedroom

I've murdered half the town

left you love notes on their headstones

I'll fill the graveyards until I have you.

Moonlight walking, I smell your softness

carnivorous and lusting to track you down among the pines.

I want you stuffed into my mouth

hold you down and tear you open, live inside you -

love, I'd never hurt you.

But I'll grind against your bones until our marrows mix

I will eat you slowly...Oh, the horror of our love

never so much blood pulled through my veins.

The Horror of our Love - Ludo

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had somewhat accepted what was happening to me. Annabelle had become my 'friend' quickly and we spent the next two days together along with a tiny girl called Lisa.

Lisa was bubbly and pretty. She had long dark hair and blue eyes, really something to look at. She had arrived the day after I did, and Magdalena had seated her with us. She was easy to get along with, and oddly positive about our situation. Annabelle and I suspected she had some serious home issues. Annabelle's parents were divorced, but she had never minded, she had been pretty young when they split.

It was funny how much the school had promised to tell us when in reality we got nothing. The older girls weren't allowed to speak to us, we weren't allowed in the library, the teachers ignored us and we could not even go to the pit to see what these things- the Wolves- looked like. We were in the dark.

The day that our partners came back arrived. We were all nervous, not sure of what kind of impression to give off, how to act, how they would act. I yanked on the same skinny jeans from the first day, a black polar-neck and short leather boots. I put on a little mascara and lip gloss. I looked good, but not like I was trying too hard. For my standards this was pretty impressive.

We were to go to hall 2QO and, since it was Magdalena who had brought us three to Height, she escorted us.

"How will I know which one he is?" Lisa asked, looking excited. She was in a summery dress, very pretty. I wished I looked more like her.

"You won't" Magdalena muttered, looking strict and distant again. for a moment I thought she was answering my thoughts, "But he will find you."

I felt a small surge of excitement, this partnering seemed to be a big thing. I hoped he would be nice and friendly, or my next years would be miserable. I was also curious to know why I was chosen.

The doors opened.

I lost Lisa and Anna in the sudden rush of people. Again I was shoved to the back, and almost fell. There was no way he would find me in this mess. I thought of waiting outside- but then a voice called me, and it was a nice, gentle tone.

"Sophie Mark?" Alexander squeezed through a group of people.

"Hey" I replied, blushing a little. He was tall, with dark brown hair that had no particular style and big eyes the exact same shade of green as mine. He had a warm smile, nice teeth and a generally friendly face. I liked him immediately.