Chapter 9

“I can't believe you would hide this from me!” Melissa cried wiping her eyes. I felt absolutely terrible. I rushed over to her but she pushed me away. “Mel, I'm really sorry. I was told to keep this a secret,” I said feeling myself tearing up. “I get that, but you know how much One Direction means to me. In fact, you're the only one who knows the deep meaning behind it. I don't obsess over them like any other fangirl,” she said full out sobbing. I rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. “I'm sorry,” I whispered again. “I don't want to hear it,” she said, walking in to her room and slamming the door.

I slouched down on the couch and let out a sigh. The past few days had been wonderful and now everything was the complete opposite. I wanted nothing more than to make everyone happy, but that's what I always found myself doing. I was always concerned about the way others felt and didn't bother thinking about my own happiness. The times I spent with Zayn were different. I was doing something that made me happy without caring what others thought. Zayn and I had only hung out, that alone had caused so much drama and tears. I didn't even want to think about what would happen if I were to date him. I don't think I could handle the drama or the hate that came along with it.

ZAYN'S POV:

After Harry left my room, room service notified me to head to my tour manager's room for a 'discussion' as he liked to call it. I strolled down the hall mentally preparing myself for yet another lecture that was probably going to be served to me. Probably much like the last two I had received after spending the day with Noelle.

The door swung open just as I was about to knock. “Zayn! My man, come in,” my tour manager said, obviously trying to sound like he called me over to have a normal conversation. “Let's get right to it,” I said making myself comfortable on one of the couches. He raised an eyebrow but sat across from me. He took a deep breath before continuing.

“We need you to focus here, Zayn,” my tour manager explained to me as I sat bored in his hotel room. “It's not like I'm not,” I retorted, getting annoyed. Ever since I started hanging out with Noelle, management suddenly decided to get on my case.

“I understand that you're working very hard everyday and would like to take a break, but you can do that with the other boys. There's no need to hang out with random girls,” he said, looking at me intently. I'd had enough of it. “Noelle isn't just a random girl. I'm doing the best I can while still trying to be a normal teenager. I need you to understand that.” With that, I stood up and and left the room, slamming the door behind me.

My blackberry vibrated in my pocket as I walked down the hall.

You're here to focus on music. Not girls. I need YOU to understand THAT.

I rolled my eyes. Management couldn't stop me. Just then, my phone vibrated again.

Intensive vocal training all of next week. Be there, or there will be consequences.

I cursed under my breath as I began working out a plan in my head.