Chapter 4

ZAYN'S POV:

I saw her enter the coffee shop and make her way to the counter. I decided to get up and pretend to order something too. I stood in line behind her as she waited for the lady in front of her to count the correct amount of change she needed in order to pay for her order.

I cocked my head to the side, trying to catch a glimpse of her face to make sure it was actually the girl I met yesterday. Suddenly, she turned her head, and was facing me. Shit, I thought, she totally knows I was being a creep.

She smiled widely. "It's you again!" She exclaimed. I guess she hadn't seen me checking her out then. I regained my cool. "Yeah," I replied. "It's nice to see you again." I said, smiling. "You too, I guess you really like this place's coffee. Lines suck though," Damn, she was really pretty. Her dark hair surrounded her face in the most beautiful way. Her lips were full and pink. Her eyes. They were large, deep brown, and were lined by thick, dark lashes. I wanted to be closer to her. Oh wait, she's still talking...

I nodded my head, hoping that it would answer whatever she had said. “I didn't catch your name yesterday,” I said. "Oh. Well, I'm Noelle." She stuck her hand out. "It's nice to meet you, again," she said smiling. I took her hand. "I'm Zayn. Nice to meet you too." I gave her a smile. "Maybe we could hang out again, since we're both waiting around for coffee?" I asked, hoping she'd say yes. She ducked her head and smiled shyly."Yeah," She said. "Yeah, we definitely could."

Score, I thought. "Cool."

I was beginning to wonder if this was one girl who didn't realize how famous I actually was. The guys and I hadn't been mobbed here yet, but maybe that was because we weren't super famous here yet or something. Not that I'm complaining all that much.

Did Noelle not know who I was? Or was she just being cool about it? I decided to ask her. "So, um, Noelle? Do you not, er... know who I am?" I hope I didn't sound too self-conceited. She raised her eyebrows. "Should I?" She was smirking at me.

I grinned at her, just as the person at the counter asked Noelle her order. "Noelle," I said to her in a low voice. "I'm Zayn Malik." I really wanted to see her reaction, but the person at the counter waved for her to come to the end of the counter to retrieve her order. Without a glance to me, she walked over. Damn. I went down too, knowing I'd see her at the end.

"Weren't you going to order anything?" She grinned at me. "I'm not that hungry anymore." I smiled, but I was still puzzled about her. "Noelle, did you hear what I said to you, before you took off?" She looked up at me, with a small smile on her face. "Yeah," she stated. "So...?" I began. 

"Yes, Zayn, I know who you are. Isn't it usually the girls who make a big deal about your identity?" she asked. I laughed. "You're right. But you aren't making a big deal." We were still standing at the end of the counter."Do you want me to? 'Cause I can, if that's what you really want." She smiled. "Look, I'm not saying anything about it, because then, well, then I'm just a fan. And I don't want to be." With one last look into my eyes, she turned to walk to a booth.

She doesn't want to be 'just a fan'. Does that mean something? She's totally playing around with me. I grinned to myself and followed. She was waiting for me, and I offered to pull out a chair for her.

"Thanks," She said with a smile that was sweet enough to put me in a daze. I stumbled on my way to the seat in front of her, and heard her laughter behind me. “What's so funny?” I asked smirking. “Nothing,” she replied taking a seat. She offered me half of her croissant and I accepted without thinking.

I think I'm going to like this girl, I thought to myself.