Chapter 10

I woke up to an empty dorm room. Melissa had probably left early again, like she had for the past week. While I brushed my teeth, I thought about Zayn. I hadn't heard from him all week. I tried not to feel hurt, but it wasn't working. I spent most of the day sulking and feeling sorry for everyone. My phone beeped with a notification and I ran to get it. It had been quite a while since I had made any sort of human contact. It was Zayn.

I smiled for the first time in days and tried to slow down my racing heart. I finally worked up the nerve to read the text.

sorry for being MIA lately. fancy meeting up at the cafe in 5 minutes? I'll do all the explaining, promise. :) xx

I quickly texted him back and began getting ready. I didn't even care if I sounded desperate or eager. I just wanted to see Zayn and clear up everything. I ran to my room and slipped on a pair of jeans, grabbed my phone and keys and threw on a hoodie as I bolted down the stairs two at a time. Waiting for the elevator would probably cause me to die from the possible ulcers in my body that were growing at an alarming rate.

I walked in to the cafe and immediately recognized Zayn's quiff at the back of the coffee shop. “Hey,” I said, trying to sound as composed as I possibly could. “You came!” he exclaimed, enveloping me in a hug. I responded by hugging him back equally as enthusiastic.

We sat in the cafe for about an hour as Zayn and I explained our dilemmas to eachother. “Let's go meet Mel,” he said, standing up. “Are you serious?” I asked, still seated. “Of course, it's not like we have anything to lose,” he pointed out. I thought about his suggestion. Melissa would have to return to her normal self after this. “You're a life saver,” I said to him as we walked back to my dorm. He simply grinned, clearly aware that I was absolutely right.

When we finally got to the dorm buildings, Zayn practically ran inside. "Zayn!" I hissed. "What?" he asked turning around. "If you go in there prancing without a care in the world, you're bound to get mobbed and dragged in to a dorm room," I said, half yelling, half whispering. He laughed loudly, "is there another way in?" he questioned. "Yes, but I hope you don't mind taking the stairs," I replied. "I could use some exercise," he said while I lead the way. We bolted up the stairs with Zayn stopping every now and then to 'compose himself.'

"You're so out of shape," I said laughing and gasping for air. He turned to look at me. "You're almost dead, you shouldn't be talking," he said leaning against the railing. Once we finally made it upstairs, we decided to walk down the hall. Suddenly, the elevator door opened, only to reveal the maid. I breathed a sigh of relief. I really didn't need any girls spotting me with Zayn. 

I swiped my keycard hoping Melissa was back yet. Zayn entered after me. "Hope this isn't too shabby," I said chucking my keycard on top of the fridge. He looked around, "this is pretty cool," he said walking around. "Make yourself at home," I said leaving him alone so I could find Melissa.

I knocked on her door. No answer. “Mel, open up,” I yelled. A muffled voice came from inside. I shrugged and took this as my cue to swing the door open. “What do you want?” Melissa snapped. She was sitting on her bed listening to her iPod. “Someone's here to see you,” I said smiling. “Well tell them I'm busy--” she stopped halfway and yanked her earbuds out of her ears.

I felt Zayn standing behind me and stepped aside so Melissa could see the real deal. “Oh my God,” Melissa whispered, obviously star struck. “You must be Melissa,” Zayn said stepping in to the room. Melissa nodded her head, unable to speak. I smiled at both of them and left the room so Melissa could fangirl all she wanted.

Five minutes later, Zayn came out with a smiling Melissa. “Thank you!” she ran up to me, giving me a hug that made it impossible for me to breathe. I hugged her back, glad that I had my best friend back. “I guess I'll leave you two alone,” Melissa said winking and retreating to her room.

“Thanks for that, it means a lot,” I said, smiling at Zayn. I wanted so desperately to hug him, but decided to stand there awkwardly. “You know, hugging me won't kill you,” he said, clearly reading my mind. “How do you do that?” I asked as I hugged him. “Magic,” he replied, smirking.

“I should get going,” he said as we pulled away. “You should, I don't want you getting in to anymore trouble because of me,” I said. “Hey, don't ever blame yourself. This is my decision, and I couldn't care less what management thinks,” he said, brushing his lips against mine.

He grinned as he pulled away. “By the way, I want to introduce you to the lads,” he said, and walking out the door before I could protest to seem at least a little understanding. However, I simply nodded and stood there.

His kisses had that sort of effect on me.