Chapter 6

ZAYN'S POV:

"You've got to stop doing that," I said to her, as we strolled down the sidewalk. I could make out a park in the distance.

"What?" She asked all innocently, eyes big. "I don't know! Smiling, I think." I answered. She laughed. "Well maybe, you should stop making me smile." she said smiling at the ground. 

But when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell...you don't know, oh, oh. You don't know you're beautiful. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts. 

"I make you smile?" I questioned. "Yes, you do." She was eying me, not meeting my eyes. I grinned. "Maybe you should stop checking me out." That caught her attention. She looked up at my face, her mouth open. She began blushing fiercely, and started walking at a faster pace. "I was not!" I just laughed. "Yes, you were. You totally were." She stopped for a second, thinking. "Oh, you mean the way you were checking me out back in that line that day?" Busted, I thought. 

"But, you didn't say anything at the time." I raised an eyebrow. "Well, that's because..." She was at a loss for words. I had her now. "Because..."

"You wanted to talk to me?" I finished her sentence, smiling. She looked embarrassed. "I think you're being a little conceited," she said blushing. 

I took a step towards her. "But you like it," I put my arms around her. She didn't push me away. I felt her inhale, and melt into me. "You know, if you're trying to hide the fact that you like me, smelling me isn't really a good way to do that." She smiled into my chest. I knew because her lips were pressed onto me. "Oh please," she answered. I laughed.

We pulled apart, and I asked her what she wanted to do next. She replied, "I don't know...is there anything you want to do?" 

I looked around, and noticed the kids' playground I had spotted further back. I pointed to it. "How about that?" She followed my finger, and gave it a look. "That's for kids, Zayn." She was teasing me.

"So? Come on, it's fun. And look, there is barely anyone there, most kids have left already." She looked at me like I was crazy. "Besides, it's been a while since I've done something stupid," I said, looking at her expectantly. She looked like she was thinking about it, but then she turned to me and grinned. "Race ya!" She took off for the park.

"Hey!" I yelled after her. "No fair!" I chased her to the structure and tackled her to the wall. "Life isn't fair, Malik." She whispered to me. I had my hands on the wall on either side of her, she was trapped. We were both panting, tired from sprinting here. I honestly needed to pay a trip to the gym. 

She was watching my eyes. I smiled. Watching her lips, I leaned down, preparing to kiss her. Somehow she managed to duck beneath my arm, and get behind me. "Slow down there, Zayn." I turned around. "What, I have to buy you dinner first, don't I?"

"Do you do this often, then?" She asked. When I blushed, she laughed. "No, you don't. But I don't give away kisses so easily." She smirked. "Fair enough. I guess I have to win you over then." I looked into her eyes and winked. Her eyes went big.

"You have beautiful eyes." I said to her. She took a few steps closer to me, to look into my face. Maybe to see if I was being honest, or if I was just saying that to get her to let me kiss her. Whatever she saw made her become the shy Noelle again.

"Thank you. I...you have beautiful eyes too." Then she giggled at what she said. "I mean...well yeah, that's what I mean, but yours are beautiful in a masculine way..." I laughed. "Thanks, Noelle." Before I was tempted to kiss her again, I came up with a distraction. "Er, wanna head back?"

Her eyebrows came together in confusion, but then she said, "Oh, uh, yeah. Yeah, let's do that." She looked in my eyes one last time, and began walking. "I'd like to see that book of yours," I called after her.

She was silent. I bet she was smiling.