Chapter 8

ZAYN'S POV:

After the movie, we decided to head back to our own places. It was getting quite late and the movie turned out to be rubbish. Noelle and I still managed to entertain ourselves throughout the movie by making hilarious commentary and throwing popcorn at random people. I liked being with her. She allowed me to act immature and silly. It was a nice break from being serious and philosophical all the time. 

"Thanks for the movie," Noelle said as we pulled up to her dorm building. "No problem, I had fun," I said getting out of the car. Noelle gave me a strange look. "What are you doing?" she asked. "Walking you to your door," I said, smirking. She laughed quietly, "you are so cheesy," she said making her way inside. "I thought you liked it," I said walking after her. She smiled as we got in to the elevator.

Once we got up to her door, I found myself not wanting to leave. I quickly thought of an excuse. "Uh, do you think I can get some water?" I asked. "Sure, come right in," she said unlocking her door. I watched her make her way to the small kitchen located on the left side of her little dorm. She grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge. 

"Noelle?" I said suddenly. "Hmm?" she said looking up at me. "How long do you think this is going to go on for?" I asked. I was genuinely clueless. If word got out that I had been spending this much time with Noelle, things would be chaotic. I was getting a hard enough time from management alone. "I don't know," she said quietly shutting the fridge's door. "I don't want to keep you a secret," I said. A small smile formed on her face. "I think it's a little too soon for everything. Besides, don't stress yourself out thinking about things like that. When the time comes, I promise I'll be understanding," she said smiling at me, it was reassuring.

She walked over to me and handed me the water.. "Thank you for that," I said grinning at her. "In fact, thank you for the past week. You've really helped me clear my mind and just...feel normal again," I inched towards her. "You're welcome, Malik," she said smiling. That's all it took. I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. She smiled into the kiss, and I didn't know why, but I liked it. I smiled too.

We pulled apart as soon as we heard a knock on the door, and Noelle's room mate called out. "Noelle? It's me. Open up, I forgot my keys." I looked at my watch. Shit, it was already 10pm. I showed Noelle. She sighed. "Yeah Mel, one sec!" She called back to her room mate.

She looked at me and gave me a half smile. "See you soon?" I asked. She smiled and nodded her head. I followed her to the door. As she opened it, I stood behind her and saw as her room mate's eyes landed on me. She had a look of surprise.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you had a friend over, Noelle." I scratched my head, embarrassed. "Uh, don't worry about it. I was just leaving anyway." I smiled down at Noelle. "Bye," She said softly. "Bye Noelle," I nodded to her room mate, and stepped out into the hall.

I'd taken a few steps before I turned back. "Uh, Noelle?" "Yeah?" She looked up. "Thanks for the water," I said it kind of shyly, because her room mate was still standing there. Noelle smiled, and her room mate raised an eyebrow. "No problem,"  I walked towards the elevator, hearing the beginnings of her room mate's curious questions.

"Are you dating him? Why was he with you so late?" I heard Noelle groaning; I looked over my shoulder and gave her a grin. She shook her head and and looked at the ground.

I turned back and went to the elevator. When I reached my hotel, I heard Harry inside. I put my key card in and walked inside.

Harry was playing my Xbox 360, and talking into the headset. He looked up from the TV, "What happened to you?" he said offensively. "What? Nothing." I responded. "Why are you in here, anyway?" I asked. "If nothing happened, then why were you smiling when you walked in?" Harry said, completely ignoring my question.

"I wasn't smiling." I protested.  "Yeah you were. Dude, did you meet a girl?" I raised an eyebrow at him, then turned and went to get some fresh clothes. "Yesss! Sweet, is she hot?" He got up to stand next to me.

I gave him a look. "Yeah," I was going to tell him anyway. "But that's not it. She's beautiful. You know, like as a person too. She's sweet and nice, and she makes me laugh. It's just fun to talk to her and be with her. Have you ever felt like that?" Harry looked at me as if I was crazy. "Who the hell are you and what did you do with Zayn?"

"What?" I asked.  "Mate," He grinned at me. "You're whipped." I shook my head. "No way, man." He smirked. "Yes way," Harry sang in a song songy voice as he walked out of my room.