Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

"Lila Evans."

The secretary looked me up and down before looking at her computer. "Ah yes. Have a seat, he'll be with you in a moment," she informed.

I gave a small smile and sat down slowly on a blue, cushioned chair. I placed my hands on the wooden arm rests and clenched them tightly. There was a glass coffee table in front of me with a vase full of fake, dusty flowers.

A pile of gossip and home refurbishing magazines were laying in a neat pile at the edge of the table. I would've grabbed one to keep my kind off of what was about to happen, but I knew I wouldn't be able to focus on the words anyway.

There was a man in the corner wearing a large brown trench coat, snoring softly. The small building was a soft baby blue color and white tile covered the floor. There were two hallways with doors lining the walls where people would meet with a counselor.

It smelt of Windex and Febreze, mixing together to make a nauseating combination.

A beautiful girl with long brown hair came slowly down the hallway. She looked up and met my eyes for a second. Her eyes were puffy and red and there were tear streaks on her cheeks. She quickly looked away, hurrying out the door.

I gulped and sunk further into my seat. There weren't many things I hated, two or three at most, but this place was definitely one of them.

"Lila Evans?"

I looked up to see a kind woman smiling at me. She had a clipboard in hand and glasses with a silver chain resting around her neck.

"Y-yes?" I blushed when my voice cracked.

She gave me a comforting smile. "Dr. Beagly is ready to meet with you."

I nodded, feeling numb and followed her down the same hallway the brown-haired girl came from.

She took me to the doorway at the very end of the hall and opened it for me. I walked in slowly and took everything in.

The room smelt of coffee and it was a light beige color. There was a red couch resting against the far wall and a chair set up in front of it. It reminded me of a therapist room from tv shows.

I knew that these "doctors" were therapists. They just called them counselors to sound more appealing and safe. To make you feel like there's nothing really wrong with you. But I knew it was a lie.

A tall man stood up from the desk he was sitting at that was hiding in the corner. He extended his hand and I shook it timidly.

The man didn't look older than 25. He had bluish-green eyes and dirty blonde hair. He was wearing a red plaid shirt and tan kakis.

I knew he could tell that I was nervous. I heard the door close and turned to see that the women was gone.

"There's nothing to be nervous about. You must be Lila," he smiled and I nodded in response. He gestured to the couch. "Please have a seat."

I walked, feeling my legs wobbling. As I sat down, my body sank into the couch immediately. It was comfortable and I was almost tempted to lay down and fall asleep.

"Okay so, since this is your first appointment, we'll just try to get to know you a little more. Sound good?" He sat down in front of me.

I nodded for probably the fifth time. I just couldn't form words.

"Alright let's see.." He had a clip board and he flipped through some papers until he found the right one. He adjusted it and read through it. "So it says here that you're a senior am I correct?" I gave a small nod. "And you're seventeen?"