The Academy

Prologue:

Here in the southern part of England, it's highly known for its medieval-like buildings. Yes, you see buildings that can remind you of what was at that time, which were villages and then what catches more attention, it's the academy that surrounds it. Magnate Academy is a boarding school that ranges from 7th grade to 12th grade but from 7th to 8th, the students are referred as "first years" and they study at another building called "The Preparatory Building". First years aren't allowed to stay in the academy like the Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors because they're "too young" to stay throughout the school year without the parents. They only say that because 10% of those classes always get homesick and such. When you're a first year, it's quite boring because the classes are ordinary, including English Literature, World History, Math, Science-All Around (Physics, Biology and Chemistry combined throughout 7th and 8th grade). It's not only the classes but the fact that the first years cannot learn of the local history of the city where the academy is, which is really interesting like my parents said. The worst of all is that first years cannot go to the activities that upper years go to which are really fun and the stories are infinite.

The most exciting thing about the academy itself is the "history" because it goes beyond the 1500s during Medieval times when there was a kingdom. No, the kingdom wasn't the academy but it indeed was three hours from here. Now, the old castle is used as a museum for the royal family that lived there and so on. From what I've heard from my parents (they know a lot from the local history for an unknown reason, probably because it's interesting and inviting. Hey, it happened to me when I heard endless stories of it from my parents), the kingdom took place in Southern England. The interesting fact is that the royal family in itself didn't exist at those times because they were two separate bloodlines, the one in northern France and the one of southern England. Two separate kingdoms united by the marriage of the king of England and queen of France. Together, they made a powerful bloodline forever known from that exact moment, the Magnate bloodline. In the beginning of their "Golden" era, everything was peaceful, the citizens were happy with the unification and the social status was applied equally to all. Everyone would say that they don't feel as if they're ruled by a king and queen because the royal family was always in the villages helping the citizens and they were different for being a couple that looked more in love and didn't embrace the power and control in a negative way.

On contrary, King George Alexander and Queen Katherine Isabella embraced that control in a positive way. Their kingdom since it was so powerful and was continuing an expansion towards southern France and northern England, other countries became threatened by the expansion like Germany, the Netherlands, and even Denmark. The ones that were more upset were the germans so the worst happened, they invaded the villages and destroyed them all. The royal family were already prepared if a situation like that happened so they were moved to one of their many "safe houses" which in itself was where the academy stands in present times. Only about a 60% of the citizen population died throughout the invasion but the kingdom didn't vanish, instead it started from the bottom and reconstruction began. The new kingdom after the invasion was a small part of Southern England and the shore of northern France. As time passed, the kingdom went decreasing until in the 1700s when it suddenly disappeared. History says that it was destroyed but my parents always describe it as it "disappeared" never destroyed. No one ever knew why it disappeared but that's the interesting mystery in it and that's what makes the academy special. All I know is that the royal family lived there until it disappeared in the late 1700s and then in the 1900s it opened as the prestigious Magnate Academy.

I've been in the academy since I was a first year but when I was going to Freshman year, we moved away to Colorado because of "family situations" but if it was indeed a situation like that then we would have been there for a year but we were two years there instead. The only positive thing that happened was that I got even closer to the boy I call my "best friend" and my "other half". Alec has been living with us since he was 7 years old because his family died on a tragic accident but my family was the one to take care of him because his family and my family were really close. Alexander Cromwell is sixteen years old, like me, and was in the academy as a first year but, like me, moved away for Freshman year. He's so kind, compassionate, sweet but you can't miss his competitive side. That's his special quality, his competitiveness, because he always debates on arguments, proves his valid point and demonstrates his bright mind. Yes, he's considered a "nerd" but he's really athletic so he's not your ordinary stereotype nerd that doesn't do sports. Indeed he does sports and is really good at them. Not only he is smart, funny and athletic but really good looking. I mean, ever since I was little I would go on a trance just looking on his bright green eyes. It's not only that they are green but it's a color that has a mix of a bit of brown and hint of blue.