Meeting The Inquisition Part Two

As the loud voices from the arguing leaders of the Inquisition reached his ears once again, Varic sighed. They couldn't at least wait until they were someplace warmer before going for each other's throats? Was the empty freezing hills of the Frostbacks really the best place to have a long annoying argument on why the enemy kicked our asses? Varic didn't think so but then again he wouldn't be arguing about it in the first place. Shit happens. They got surprised and were beaten. If anything they should be happy that the Inquisition survived at all. Bigger groups than the Inquisition had fallen under the same odds so that alone was something worth celebrating. Okay maybe that wasn't the right word. People had still died and they deserved to be grieved for but again that could wait until they were out of the wilderness. Couldn't it?

"Damn it." Varic said rubbing his head. The whole situation was screwed up and he was getting way too damn tired to keep thinking about it by himself. So with safely stored away, he made his way over to......well anyone that could hopefully lift his spirits. As expected, it didn't look like such people existed here. No, everyone was still way to dour to discuss anything other than the fact that they lost. He was just about to give up when out of the corner of his eye and just outside the main camp he saw Solas, the well known loner, sitting and looked like cheerfully talking to.....He wanted to say an Inquisition soldier but, one he wasn't wearing the armor, and two no current Inquisition soldier to his knowledge had a look of curiosity like the grey haired man beside Solas. His own curiosity peaked when said man then looked over to him. He was elderly looking, more so than he probably liked to admit but his eyes held a calm fury to them that he had only seen in a few other people all of which had been far younger. The stare  lasted for a minute or two before Solas turned his own silver eyes to Varic.

"Ah. Can I help you with something Varic?" Solas asked.

"Not particularly." Varic replied shrugging his shoulders. "Not unless you've got a some sort of elven shit that can turn back time."

"I believe you'd want to speak to Dorian about that." Solas replied causing Varic to laugh and the man to look confused.

"Time travel?" The man asked. It wasn't a condescending question though which intrigued Varic, it was more like a welcomed surprise.

"I wasn't aware Thedas, had such magic." The man continued.

"Yes. Apparently, Rayara and another mage  traveled a year forward in time and witnessed the future of a world without the Inquistion. Needless to say it wasn't pretty." Solas relied.

"That's what I heard to. Which made sense,  I died in it." Varic said moving towards the sitting duo. The man chuckled lightly at that and stretched his hand out to Varic.

"Hardvak." He said. Varic took it with quickly giving his own name in response.

" So, Chuckles here giving you a summary from when we were actually winning shit." Varic asked sitting in the snow alongside them.

"Amongst other things." Hardvak replied with a smile. "This Thedas reminds a lot of back home actually."

"You sound rather happy about it." Varic replied not really getting the man's rather chipper tone.

"Most of my life revolved around this shit. Otherworldly beings claiming to be gods, civil war tearing countries apart, people suffering because of both, I came across a quote for it a while back." Hardvak said before clearing his voice to sound rather scholarly.

"New place. New set of problems. But the assholes, ah the stay the same." Solas nodded at the phrase in agreement while Varic chuckled. This guy pretty much had the right idea.