Chapter 1

"NO! Please stop!" I gasped as my body was held down by a pair of large hands. His lips touched my neck as I struggled to get out from under his grasp.

"Get off!" I cried prying his hands away, "don't do this to me, please!"

"Shut up," he yelled into my ear, muffling my screams with his hand. He grabbed my hair pulling my head up while he caressed my cheek, traveling lower and lower.

"No Rick, please stop," I whispered, hot tears streaming down my face. His breath, steaming with alcohol, fanned over my face as he continued to harass me with his hands.

"Charlie," He sighed as I heard his belt unbuckle. I attempted to push him away, but his strength proved too strong for me to battle.

"NO," I screamed when I felt him brush against me. He brought his hand up to my face and slapped me, silencing my cry.

"I told you to shut the fuck up," He yelled, spitting over me.

"Rick, no," I continued to cry, but it was pointless. His voice repeated my name until it sounded foreign to me.

"Charlie..Charlie..Charlie."

"Stop!" I yelled jolting out of my seat.

"Charlie," someone said grabbing onto my arm.

I snatched my arm away from them and leaned against the cold window of the plane.

The plane that was taking me away from the horrible memories...

"Breath, honey, it was just a dream," my aunt, Macy, said as she tried to soothe me.

"Yeah, I know, I'm sorry," I sighed enjoying the feeling of the cold window against my warm skin.

I was well aware of the attention I had attracted due to my little episode, but that was the least of my concerns at the moment.

He ruined you.

Tears started to stream down my face before I could stop them. I've been doing a lot of this lately...crying without having any control over it. Before I knew it, my face was buried in my hands and I was sobbing.

"Darling it's okay," Macy whispered as she took me into her arms.

Flashbacks of that night raced in my mind and before I could stop myself I was running down the aisle of the plane and into the bathroom.

He destroyed you, you're disgusting.

The words kept repeating in my head as images of my step father climbing on top of me supplemented my nausea. I was barely able to lock the door behind me before I hurled my lunch.

"Charlie," my aunt's voice came from the other side of the door.

Her voice sounded shaky as if she was trying to hold back tears. I didn't want to go back out there and face my aunt's concern and the curiosity of those strangers. If it were up to me, I wouldn't mind staying in this bathroom forever. Of course knowing that was impossible, I had to go out there and put a smile on my face and tell her I'd be okay.

"Sweetie, oh gosh, are you alright," she sniffled as I finally finished cleaning the small bathroom.

"I'm fine, sorry I was just...it's just all still a little hard to handle," I admitted looking down at my worn out converse.

"Why do you keep apologizing," she asked wiping away a stray tear from my face.

"Honey, none of this is your fault. The last thing you need to do is apologize," she continued when I didn't respond.