Chapter 9

"Rise and shine, earthling!" someone yelled into my ear.

I instinctively reached up to push away whoever was so close to my face.

       "Ouch!" the voice yelled again, louder this time.

My eyes were greeted by Bambi rubbing her forehead.

       "Oh, sorry," I mumbled, still half asleep, "it’s too early."

       "It's already six-thirty!" she replied, the happiness in her voice returning, "We can't miss the sunrise if we're going to do morning yoga!"

       "SIX-THIRTY?!" I yelled, "On a Saturday? Are you crazy?"

       "Well I guess it depends on who you ask..." Bambi started.

       "Goodnight, Bambi!" I growled, pulling the sheets over my head.

        "Come on!" she exclaimed, "This is an experience you do not want to miss, trust me."

        I groaned knowing that it's either I go do yoga with her or she'd never leave me alone. Huffing, I pulled the covers off of me and regretted it the minute the cold air enveloped my barely covered body.

      "Let me just change first." I grimaced as my feet touched the cold wooden floor.

      "No!" Bambi exclaimed.

I noticed she was only wearing Nike Pro spandex and a matching sports bra.

    "Where are your clothes?" I asked her, shivering.

    "Morning yoga is best whilst scarcely cladded." she replied matter-of-factly, stretching her arms out in front of her, "What you have on now is fine. You can take your shirt off if you want."

     "I’m good." I forced a grin.

All I wanted was to jump back into my warm bed. I also didn't need anyone walking in and seeing me positioned in weird angles with only a bra on.

    "Alright," she smiled, "let's go!"

    "Go? Go where?" I groaned, but followed her out the door anyway.

   "To the patio." she was prancing on her toes, "It has a great view of the bridge! You'll feel so relaxed after, I promise!"

   I forced out a chuckle, thinking about how much I wanted to be asleep instead. We tiptoed by Harry, who was cuddled into his big navy blue comforter, on the couch.

     "Okay, I laid out the yoga mats. You can have my orange one." she said.

I was about to thank her but she already had her eyes closed and her hands clasped together in front of her chest. The cold air bit at my exposed skin, but I chose to ignore it and copied Bambi's pose.

     "Now inhale." Bambi spoke softly, surprisingly making me feel relaxed.

My arms copied hers as they flew up above my head, taking the cool air into my lungs.

      "Exhale." she breathed letting her arms fall to her sides.

       We did this three more times before she told me to sit down with her. By that time the wind had slowed down and the coldness was tolerable to my skin. The sun continued to paint the sky a brighter shade of blue every time I opened my eyes. I felt at ease.

      "Dig your spine into the ground and keep pressure on your thighs." she ordered with a soft voice.

I tried to do everything she was telling me and control my breathing at the same time.