Ice Cream and Archery

Evie made me try on the most ridiculous dresses ever. One was a really bright yellow. This other one was like a rainbow color with some frills. I couldn't move in the last one. I kept groaning until I just had enough of it and actually ripped the dress off before I blast it to pieces. Evie placed her hands on her hips and raised her eyebrow at me. She started giving me this speech, which I couldn't care less, about how I need to be ready for Cotillion and how what I'm wearing wouldn't be appropriate until she started beaming and said she knew what dress I would like. I gave her a look and was about to cuss her out until Jay placed his hand over my mouth and dragged me out.

"I forgot how insufferable she is when she tries to dress me," I grumbled as Jay started to show me around the school while eating some weird looking thing that was melting. It was on a cone of some sort. "And what in the Underworld is that?"

"Ice cream," Jay stated. I raised my eyebrow at him. "It's a really really good desert." He held the cone in front of me. "Try some."

"No." Just a few more hours before I can go back home.

Jay held this 'ice cream' close to my face. "Come it's nice and cold. Kind of like you." I glared at him as I raised my fist up. He held up one hand in a mock surrender. "Kidding."

I shook my head. "Sure you are." I noticed that we were out on the field. Some people were running around in a very large circle, which I don't understand. Some others were throwing some ball around while some tackled the other guys to the ground. I started to laugh. "That is the best thing I've seen all day."

Jay still held the ice cream close to my face. "And it will only get better once you try ice cream. I will shove this in your face either way."

I rolled my eyes before I opened my mouth and bit into it. Big mistake on my part. My whole mouth felt like it was a freezer. I kept puffing out cold air as the ice cream slowly melted in my mouth. I mouth started to pucker as I fanned my mouth.

"Too cold. Too cold," I said with my mouth full.

Jay laughed. "You were suppose to lick it."

I was finally able to swallow it. Besides the ice cold that ran down my throat there was also this sweet flavor. It's pretty good, not going to lie. "That's ice cream?"

Jay nodded. "Yup. And they have more flavors than just chocolate."

"What's chocolate?"

Jay opened it mouth. "It's a...you know what never mind." He tossed the cone behind him before he started walking ahead. "That's not what I'm trying to show you."

I looked back at the players with the strange ball to see them get tackled again. I started to laugh with a little clap. "Is it to show me a bunch of idiots hurting each other?" I placed my hand over my heart. "I knew you knew me best, Jay."

He scoffed. "That's not it."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I followed him more towards the grassy field. I furrowed my eyebrows as I was greeted with a row of archers. The older guy had a whistle before the AKs released their arrows. Most of them missed, except for one. His blondish/brunettish was styled neatly. His chiseled jaw looked like it could cut diamonds. When he turned around he was high fiving some guy with blonde curly hair.

 When he turned around he was high fiving some guy with blonde curly hair

The adult blew his whistle and they AKs reset their positions. "That's Chad Charming, son of Prince Charming and Cinderella. And that guy who just shot the bulls eye is Aurox Hood, son of Robin Hood and Maid Marian."

I gave him a confused look. "So?"

He smirked at me before looking at the old guy. "Hey, Coach!" He called out as he waved the old Geezer over.

What the hell is he doing? The old guy came over and blew his whistle, making the AKs fire again. "What, Jay?" He asked.

Jay gestured to me. "You got a new student."

I placed my hands on my hips and glared at him. "Excuse me? There is no way in the Underworld I will be a student at this stupid school."

He waved me off. "I think she'll make an excellent addition to the archery team. No one can shoot arrows better than MJ."

I heard that kid Aurox snort. "Please, like she knows how to shoot." His eyes ran me up and down. "Who's this? Another VK? At least this one is pretty, but looks like there's nothing going on in that head of hers."

I glared at him as I held my hand up with mist forming around it. "And I think you should start acting more like your age and not your dick size." I looked down at his regional area. "Looks like there's nothing much though."

I heard Jay laugh as the Coach blew his whistle. "Enough!" He glared at me. "What's your name?"

"MJ Frost, your holy Geezerness," I greeted.

"Frost? You're Jack Frost's kid."

"Unless you see another one here."

Aurox rolled his eyes before looking at Jay. "And you think she can shoot a bow and arrow?"

I clenched my fist before I waved my hand to make an arrow. I grabbed Aurox's bow and set myself up to the first target. I held the bow up and took a deep breath. 1. 2. 3. I let the arrow fly. It landed right on the bulls eye, but why stop there. I quickly walked over to the next target while creating another arrow. I set my arrow before I let it go. It landed right on the target. I created one more arrow for the last target, his. I slowly adjusted my bow until the arrow was eye leveled with me. I squinted my eyes as I focused on the target.

I took one final breath before I let the arrow go. Everything seemed to go in slow motion as the arrow started to twirl in the air. I heard a small crack and a small smirk formed on my face as my arrow sliced Aurox's arrow right in the middle.

I heard Jay whistle. "That's it, MJ! Show them who's boss." He cheered as the class stared at me wide-eyed before they started clapping.

I spun around and did a little mock bow before I strutted towards Aurox, who was seething. I slammed his bow right into his chest. "I think you just got burned," I smirked.

"Try frost bite," Jay added.

We heard someone else clap and I turned to see Ben coming towards us. "That's really impressive."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, please. I did it to shut that kid up." I did get a little satisfaction when they were clapping for me.

He looked at Jay. "Do you mind if I steal Mer for a second? I need to show her something."

Jay nodded. "Go ahead. I know she won't rip your head off."

》》》》

A/N: What do you think Ben is going to show her?