In Love with my Best Friend (Sequel to In Love with my best friends dad)

Chapter 1

Caleb's POV:

It was my second year in the NHL. I was drafted to the Toronto Maple Leafs and I played as back up goalie for Jonathan Bernier. This year Bernier and I will rotate.

I was wearing a grey suit with a light pink shirt and tie. I was with Juliet's family at the NHL draft. Juliet was the first girl ever to be drafted to an NHL team. Also, because we did bad this year we had the eighth overall pick, and we were picking Juliet. She didn't know, she was just excited to be here. We all wore pink because it was her favourite colour. I objected to the idea but she insisted that it would support her more.

We clapped for the other teens that got drafted before her. Finally our coaching staff went up.

"From the London Knights, We, the Toronto Maple Leafs pick number eighty-one, Juliet McDavid." Dave Nonis, our GM said. Everyone clapped and cheered and Juliet's face turned a deep red. She had brown hair and bright green and grey eyes; yes I liked Juliet, more than a friend. I always thought she was beautiful. She was smart, funny, gentle yet aggressive, kind, playful...all those fun characteristics. The thing is, Juliet and I have been best friends since grade one. I was a year older than her which is why she was drafted a year after me. She had just turned twenty where as I was already twenty-one going on twenty-two.

She stood up and hugged all of us and walked down to the stage to receive a Toronto Maple Leaf jersey and hat. She posed with the coaching staff for pictures before she came back.

"We are going to be roomies!" She said happily. She would stay with me before she settled in, because even if she didn't make the cut for training camp, she would still be down in the AHL playing with the Toronto Marlies.

I smiled and she hugged me tightly again. I hugged her back and mentally sighed. I had a feeling she didn't like me. This was a classic case of being stuck in the friend zone. It sucked.

Once the draft was over we went out to our vehicle's the draft was in Manitoba so we had a hotel for the night.

Juliet and I shared a bed and her parents shared one and her brothers and sister had a pull out couch and a cot we ordered.

Everyone was passed out and I played on my phone when Juliet turned over.

"My family said congratulations." I whispered. My parents played professional soccer, my two younger brothers were on the track to go into professional baseball, my youngest brother Thomas was playing soccer and little Beverly had just turned seven.

"I still can't believe we will be on the same team together. It's just like old times." She laughed.

"You're not scared?"I asked turning over to look at her.

"Why would I be scared?" She asked confused.

"You're playing in the NHL, demon." I said. I always called her demon because she was fast. The boys and coaches always called her speed demon but we shortened it to demon because she was tough as well. Nothing hurt her and nothing stopped her. She tore her MCL in grade nine during the playoffs, we were on the penalty kill and she finished the whole shift. She is our demon.

"Come on, Cale. Nothing hurts me. Besides, you got my back."

"I always have your back. No matter what." I said.

"I know you do. Which is why you are so important to me." She said closing her eyes. I watched her fall asleep. Her lips began to part and she began to breathe heavier. I smiled and turned on my back and starred up at the ceiling.

I sighed and shut my eyes and forced myself to sleep.