Limited Days

"It's about you...", Baekhyun tells her. This might have caught her attention one way or the other. She smiles at him and sits up on her chair properly. This may have relieved the other people looking at both of them. Nikki has became unpredictable since Baekhyun came along. No one would know whether she'd be angry at him or be the sweet girl she usually is.

"What do you want to know about me? And may I know your name?", Nikki asks clueless. The microscopic hope of Baekhyun that maybe she'll remember was crushed to tiny pieces. He looked down in dismay. As if they met for the first time, so familiar yet so foreign.

"Hello, I am Byun Baekhyun, and I am here to help you", he says to her. Her smile was wiped off and a tear slowly ran down her glowing cheeks. She immediately wiped it off as Baekhyun tries to hand her a napkin.

"Thanks, I don't know why I am crying right now, but you're right, I need help...", she breaks. Baekhyun didn't expect her to, but he was glad she broke on him. The waitress and Minseok looks on carefully, even they didn't expect her to ask for help. Nikki was a strong girl who was independent who didn't even need help. They were wrong, they didn't know what was contained in her diary. Baekhyun did.

"Tell me anything, I am here for you, you know that right?", Baekhyun said familiarising himself with her. They both eased in and Nikki started talking.

"My mother died when I was 10. It was my fault, I didn't look out for her the way she did for me. I looked away, and she was gone... Blame it on me", she said slowly. She still blames herself for what hapenned to her mother. Little did she know that the incident was already 9 years ago. She is stuck in her 14 year old self, with her anterogade amnesia and still having the same problems of that age. She was a pitiful sight for Baekhyun. She smiled at him strongly.

"Hey, don't mind me! I am just a sad little girl! Maybe when I turn 19 I'll be in better shape right?", she cracked a joke. It could have been funny, but it tore Baekhyun's heart. She was already nineteen, little did she know. If she knew, she would be even more sad. Baekhyun thinks of a way to tell her she has anterogade amnesia , that may or may not be curable.

"You don't know?", Baekhyun asked. She just smiled but looked at him curiously. She started cutting her pancakes again.

"Know what?", she said innocently. Baekhyun tried to keep the tears in. She didn't know she had anterogade amnesia. She stirred in her seat as if to remember something!

"Hey, Baekhyun, right? Yeah, I have to go! I have a holiday to go to and my father said that there was a match between South Korea and Beijing today! I'm a big fan!", Nikki decided to say. In fact, South Korea and Beijing had a match the day of the incident and Richard recorded it to watch it everyday with Nikki.

Baekhyun let her go out of the café, without an official goodbye. Actually, Baekhyun wasn't sad. He ws afraid. He was scared to death, for Nikki, who wouldn't feel his pain while he sees her.

"Minseok... I thought it would have been easy. I was wrong to judge early", Baekhyun tells Minseok.

"Baekhyun, Nikki doesn't know she has amnesia, we decided to keep it that way, and maybe, just maybe, that's the reason why she couldn't recover", Minseok said. If Nikki knew she had amnesia, she would try and try, but it would make her miserable.

Richard, a man who pities himself for what happened to his daughter and son. He wasn't able to forgive himself for what happened to each of them. A man who was fatherly enough to watch the same old football game everyday in order for his daughter to live her life normally, even if it means giving himself up. A man who will reprint a certain newspaper just so that his daughter can read it everyday. A kan who would wash his daughter's favourite hoodie every night just so that she can wear it again the next day. Richard, he sacrificed a lot. He doesn't deserve the guilt, he has suffered enough. Baekhyun, would be willing to help him to get through.

In fact Nikki, has limited days. She is growing up, maybe not maturing but she is getting older day by day. Time passes without her knowing, and she is certainly a pitiful sight. Byun Baekhyun, is there to help her.