Part 1

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

Finally it was time. I was visiting my cousin over the summer holidays. She lived somewhere in LA. It's not as great as going to Warped Tour and meeting all my heroes. But ... I hadn't been able to get a ticket. Sadly.

I sighed at the thought of missing the opportunity to meet Kellin Quinn and the rest of Sleeping with Sirens. Not to mention all the like-minded people and the great music. But instead I was spending my holidays with my cousin Sophie. It wasn't as bad as I made it sound but... it was just not my ideal holidays.

"(Y/n), where are you? We have to get going, otherwise you'll miss your train", my mother called from downstairs. "Coming, mom", I called back. I picked up my backpack, unplugged my phone from my charger and put both in my backpack. Then I walked towards the door. Reaching my door I turned around and looked at my room's walls covered with band posters. "I'm going to miss you guys. See you in a few weeks. Bye!", I told them, shutting the door behind me and running downstairs. On my way to the front door I quickly flipped up my longboard, catching it, I ran out the door towards the car.

*time skip*

After sitting in the train for hours it finally stopped. I had reached LA. Getting off of the train, heaving my second bag of luggage onto my shoulder, I could see my cousin running towards me with open arms, a big smile on her face and her long light brown hair flying around behind her. She was only a few years older than me but still almost a head taller. I really liked her, although I felt ugly beside her. She was perfect while I wasn't. That was one of the reasons why I hid behind my black choppy bangs.

Sophie hugged me as she said: "(Y/n), I've missed you so much!" "I've missed you too", I replied quietly. "It's been so long since the last time we saw each other", she continued energetically, taking on of my bags, heading to her car with me.

Days have gone by since I arrived in LA. Living with Sophie has been lots of fun. She has introduced me to some of her friends and we hung out quite often. All of them were really friendly and I liked spending time with them. But I didn't completely fit in with them. They were always so cheerful while I kept mostly to myself and was stuck in my thoughts.

"Hey (Y/n), you there?", Sophie asked. We were currently having lunch at a local burger place. " ... Uh... yeah. I'm listening", I said, shaking off my thoughts. "Well, as I just said, something's wrong with you, isn't it? Are you not happy here? Did I do something wrong?", she continued, takeing my left hand into hers, looking at me with concerned eyes.

"I'm fine. Really", I replied, smilling reassuringly but the truth was I was not. Today was the day Warped was here and I couldn't go. I definitely wasn't fine. All the emo kids in LA were having the time of their lives while I was stuck here. My attention moved back to my cousin sitting in front of me.

"Maddie and I have planned a party at the beach this evening. Why don't you join us?" "I don't know", I said tentatively, "I'm not the kind of person that goes to parties." "Oh, come on. It'll be fun. Don't be a party pooper." "I don't know."