211 DAYS OF IRENE

211/500

if seulgi were to describe her relationship with irene, it would be like the calm waves across the ocean. except seulgi was stranded in the middle of the void with a... boat. just her and her boat, fighting the inconsistent waves of irene. 

today, they went out just like they do every other day. a club. loud but extremely quiet as seulgi could hear every heart that was beating, suffocating her in her own anxious world. 

"hey seulgi? do you want any drink?" irene reached out to seulgi as she placed her steady palms on seulgi's shaky shoulders. 

seulgi nodded. but she knew it was just an act to calm irene down. seulgi never liked clubs, especially the smell of rotten alcohol, damp air and artificial perfume - all mixed together in a small contained room. but since irene wanted to go, she should at least accompany her.

to be honest? a room full of heterosexuals? anything could happen.

not long after they caught the rhythm of the song that was playing, a man started approaching them. seulgi knew something was off about him - the way he dressed and walked. it was clear that he was dead drunk.

"hey girls!" said the drunk man. his breath smelled, but the worst part was that his voice was so raspy and rough, like scratching your palms against sandpaper. 

"please leave us alone." said irene. 

seulgi was shocked at how calm irene was. how could she speak like that in this kind of situation? 

instead of backing away, the drunk man got closer to irene, "miss! do you know who i am? i'm... im... i'm rich! let me buy you a drink."

seulgi snickered, "mister rich, can you please leave my girlfriend alone?"

irene glared at seulgi, "i can take care of myself, miss seulgi."

"yeah...yeah! listen miss seulgi.. she.. can take care of herself... lesbo bitch!" screamed the drunk man, as he waved his beer in a shaky position.

anger started building up in seulgi's body, "calm yourself... calm yourself..." she chanted in her head before her curled up fist danced to the beat of the club. she punched, twice on the jaw and once across the neck.

it didn't took long before he went unconscious.  

"KANG SEULGI!" shouted irene.

-

the hallway to irene's apartment was quiet. almost empty. irene was seen hurrying to her room and seulgi was catching up to her. she knew irene was angry by the sound of her footsteps, it was cold on the ground, as if her heels was bound to crush someone's skull.

they both went in the room before irene slammed the door behind her. she stared at seulgi for a bit before she showed her face of disappointment. the face that seulgi despised. she hated looking at that face.

the last time she saw that face was when seulgi ate irene's own bought branded chocolate. it was a very intense moment for both of them, especially when they both know how much "food" mattered in their relationship. 90% of their relationship was based on deserts, sweets and buffets.

those were the good times. but seulgi knew today would happen. the bad times. she knew. she just didn't want to admit it. irene was happy at moving such a slow pace, but with feelings blooming like wild flower, do you expect seulgi to feel the same way? seulgi loved her. more than a friend. more than a friend with benefits. much more. 

"what? you expect me to just keep quiet? fuck with that 'i can take care of myself bullshit' irene!" shouted seulgi. 

"seulgi. you know how i feel about this. we're just frie..."

seulgi interrupted her immediately, "no! don't pull that shit with me! this is not how you treat your friend! making out for hours? holding hands in ikea? casual sex? come on! friends my balls!"

irene was on the verge of tears, "seriously seulgi?" she paused. "get out." 

-

although wendy and joy was very supportive of seulgi's relationship at the start, but now it just got super annoying. especially when seulgi was seen coming home feeling  like a miserable loser day by day. it wasn't helping anyone at all. 

"what did she do again?" said wendy and joy simultaneously.

"i'm going to sleep." 

seulgi was tired, that's for sure. but she don't know how long she and irene can last. it's not like she doesn't love her, it was just so tiring to love such complicated girl. not to mention, seulgi never asked to be in love with irene. of all billion girls in the world, she had to fall in love with irene? 

bzzz! rang the doorbell. 

"did you order the fucking pizza again?" asked seulgi, while running to the door with just a top and undies on, "joy, what did i tell you about wasting money on food we do NOT need?"

seulgi opened the door expecting anyone but her. irene was standing in front of her door. irene, the girl that made her feel happy and sad all at the same time. the girl that made seulgi's heart flutter so much it was going to burst. the girl that was just as same as how seulgi met her from day one. seulgi didn't know what to say.

"i'm sorry. i shouldn't have acted so selfish. i don't know why i'm like this but you definitely do not deserve anything i said just now." said irene with her teary puppy eyes as her hands tremble when seulgi touched them.

"look, we don't have to put a label on it. girlfriend? wife? lover? we don't need that, it's fine. i get it. but you know, i just... need some consistency." said seulgi.

"i know."

"i need to know that you're not gonna wake up in the morning and feel differently."

"and i can't give you that. nobody can." irene softly whispered as she burried her face on seulgi's chest, feeling her heart shatter piece by piece.

-

[A/N finally updated it!! please share this fic to your mutuals if you enjoy it i would be very happy if this hit 2k :^( also this chap is vry vry angst srry]