6 DAYS OF IRENE

6/500

rumors spread fast. and everyone instantly hopped on the "irene" train, (girls and boys) they all find irene an interesting company to be with. and i have to admit really, she did changed the presence we never had in class. irene was one of the most funniest and interesting person i've ever met. EVER. and it's nice to know that everyone thinks the same way. 

except for joy. joy never liked her ever since irene joined our class. matter in fact, joy was the first person to interact with her, and she hated irene the first time she saw her. but as her best friend, there is always an oblige for "my best friend's enemy is my enemy" but who knew i ended up being in love with her? 

"so i was like, chilling at the cafeteria, right?" joy said, enthusiastically. she leaned on her chair and crossed her arms over, saying these words with her eyes wide open, as if she was exposed to an attack.

"right. don't have to exaggerate, okay?" i replied back. well, i knew joy since she was a kid - and being dramatic and overemphasizing was what she did best. 

"okay. there was like, a scoop of mashed potatoes left, and i CLEARLY wanted it but she just went at the guy and said 'OH, CAN I HAVE THE LAST SCOOP PLEASE.' and i felt like i wanted to pull her hair and and push her off a cliff." 

i instantly said, "joy."

"what?"

"it's just. mashed. potatoes." i said, emphasizing on every word as slow as i can. i never understood her. hating someone over food? that's just really petty. well, joy is petty! what can i say.

"it's not JUST! mashed potatoes! whatever, she's in my hate-list, that's for sure." said joy, putting three chicken nuggets in her mouth at the same time. i wanted to annoy her, so i leaned over and took the rest, shoving them up into my mouth, chewing it playfully - intentionally to make her mad.

"kang seulgi. guess what?" joy paused on her eating and took out her notebook, with a cursive title on the front, [ HATE LIST ], she quickly wrote down the ten-lettered name in blood red ink across the grainy lined paper.

"you're in my hatelist now. bye." 

-  

even though joy was her best friend, seulgi liked to find comfort with her housemate, wendy. if you could describe wendy, it would be mom friend. ever since seulgi moved in with her, she had always thought wendy was great at giving advices, and this time she needed her to give advices on love.

"hey, you know irene right?" said seulgi.

"that new kid? yeah. well, i knew her because people kept saying she was a cold-hearted girl. she dropped her stuff and people tried to help her but she straight up refused them." replied wendy.

"welp. joy doesn't like her."

"she has her reasons. and you know she's always right - you should probably listen to her."

seulgi paused. she thought over what she had in mind and finally came to a conclusion. "maybe you're right. i fell in love too fast, it's been already how many days? three? it honestly felt like a year since i've known her."

"six days seulgi. six!"

"yeah. screw her! i'm just gonna go with the flow. see how things go."

"i'm tellin' ya seul - you can't get too attached this time."

  - 

the university's library had always been a place where seulgi called upon home. she liked sitting down and just enjoy her coffee, with a textbook on her desk. it might be weird to some - but seulgi had always liked studying.

it was one of the ways she could live her life, enjoying the knowledge that's left in books was fascinating to her ever since she was small. and being able to study literature as her degree was something she thought was a - miracle. and it was all thanks to a scholarship. not everyone was as lucky as her.

well, not today though. she wasn't lucky today. the usual spot seulgi would always sit - beside the tall window, and facing the beautiful view of the university was one of the views she had always find solace in. but today, just wasn't her day as it was taken by some stranger. 

seulgi walked pass the aisles of shelves to find a seat before spotting irene - she had her earphones in while searching for books at the classic corner. her side profile was intimating, due to her glowing red hair and oversized round glasses worn over her bright eyes - she looked amazing.

seulgi sneaked closer, wanting to approach her. but irene's focus was somewhere else, in another dimension - so focus in finding the right book. seulgi stood beside her, and she was so close, she could smell her scent; no perfume, just the natural smell of her body, seulgi couldn't describe it but every woman's natural is different. but hers is clean, a soft fragrance seulgi would call "love". 

and slowly, she could hear silence, and then, the song that is playing on irene's phone. seulgi could hear it muffled and suppressed but she recognized the song immediately. irene looks down at a book and sings to the song under her soft breath.

"rookie rookie! my super rookie rookie rookie! matji matji! geu neukkimjeokin neukkim neukkim!" sang irene, in a high pitched tone.

seulgi loved red velvet, she was their BIGGEST FAN. there was no doubt that she loved every single music red velvet had released. and to see her favorite person sings to a song from her favorite group, was a rare sight. a beautiful one.

"hey." seulgi voiced out, bumping her elbow at irene.

irene replied enthusiastically, "oh! hey!" 

"red velvet?"

irene looked shocked, but in a good way - she smiled and laughed quietly. "yeah! i freaking love red velvet! i'm so happy you knew! they're a cool group, and if you listen to them, you're pretty cool too, seulgi."

holy shit, she remembered my name. 

-

[A/N thank you for the support i rlly appreciate it!!! sorry if it's boring but i thought you should get to know the characters bc i planned to take this fic rlly far & who's ur favorite character soooo faaaaar :^)) tbh i find wendy rlly interesing hAHa]