Chapter 4

Karlie's POV

I avoided going to Cara's for the next few days. Taylor was still getting her bearings and adding an extra person that she clearly didn't like would have probably just annoyed her. I wasn't trying to annoy her. Cara told me she was going to be staying indefinitely. If she couldn't get over her issues with me I was sure her life was going to suck in San Diego too. Not my problem.

Kendall asked me to come over and make my fish tacos for them. I hadn't cooked at their house in a while so I wasn't sure what they had. I stopped at the store on the way over to pick up the mahi mahi and all the ingredients for the mango salsa. I didn't know if Taylor liked that kind of thing but since Kendall requested them I assumed she did.

When I got to the house I walked in through the front door without knocking. Cara should've been home from work already and when they specifically invited me over I never worried about knocking. As I walked through the door the first person I saw was Cara coming out in her basketball shorts fresh out of the shower.

"What's up, girl?" I greeted her as I made my way to the kitchen. The girls were in there standing in front of the blender. Kendall had margaritas going. "Hello ladies."

"Margarita Monday!" Kendall exclaimed, holding up her drink.

"I thought it was taco Tuesday?" Because it was definitely Tuesday.

"Hmm, same difference," she giggled.

"Right," I laughed. "Hello, Taylor," I greeted her directly. I made sure to smile at her without being creepy, or so I thought.

"Karlie," she said politely. She was sitting on one of the breakfast bar stools with perfect posture and her shoulders squared.

"Kendall requested mahi mahi tacos, I hope you like fish," I said. Cara walked into the room, going straight to her wife to give her a kiss. I set the bags on the counter and started to unpack them. I preferred my kitchen, but theirs wasn't that bad.

"I've never had mahi mahi before but I'll try it," she replied.

"Taylor's all about trying new things," Cara told me and I noticed Taylor started to turn red. She smacked Cara's arm when she pantomimed smoking a joint.

I chuckled and said, "It's okay, Taylor. Anyone that knows Kendall has tried it at least once. I hope you like dinner. I haven't made them in a while."

"Thanks." Taylor picked up her margarita and chugged down the rest of it.

"Do you like mango salsa?" I asked. "Cara, can you get your paws off of her for ten seconds to go heat up the grill?"

"My wife is a tasty woman," she said unapologetically, but popped Kendall on the ass before going outside.

"I've never had that either," Taylor admitted.

"You are in for a treat," I smiled. "If you like mangos, that is. If not I'm sure they have stuff for me to make regular salsa."

"I think I like mango. I guess I'll find out," she shrugged.

I pulled the mango over from the pile of food I dug out of the bag and took a moment to cut a piece off. I slid the knife under it and walked it over to Taylor.

"Try it," I suggested. Not everyone liked them.

She took the piece I offered and chewed thoughtfully for a moment. It was hard to tell what she was thinking.

"It's not as sweet as I thought it would be," she said.

"Which makes it good for salsa. Do you like it?"